+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver Leaving Canada After 4 yrs Facing Dilemma

docmar

Jul 10, 2012
hello!

Pls help my friend's dilemma!

She came and worked to ON Aug 11, 2008 as a Live in Caregiver Program. She changed her employers several times. She always renew her work permit every time she had a new employer. her last work permit ends on JAN 2014. Nonetheless, She was able to complete the 24 months full employment last June 2012. She is preparing, actually almost done, the applications for open permit and permanent residence and she will submit it before leaving Canada for vacation to the Philippines.

She was still with her employer with work permit. Her employer allowed her to go on vacation, with supporting papers.

She was scheduled to leave Canada on July 22 and come back on Aug 22, 2012, her first to go home since 2008. Remember, she will be on her 4th year as a LCP on Aug 11, 2012.

Her Dilemma....
1. Is she allowed to leave Canada while her open permit/permanent resident papers under process?
2. Her TRV has expired, she has all the documents she needs to apply in the PH for the re-entry. Is there any hindrance in a way, since her open permit/PR is under process?
3. In her Work Permit, it states there... "This Does Not Authorize Re-entry" thou this expires on Jan 2014 yet. What does this mean?
4. Or better yet not to submit the open permit/PR applications until she is back from vacation?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Let your friend wait for her OWP before going anywhere else. Better safe than sorry.

docmar said:
hello!

Pls help my friend's dilemma!

She came and worked to ON Aug 11, 2008 as a Live in Caregiver Program. She changed her employers several times. She always renew her work permit every time she had a new employer. her last work permit ends on JAN 2014. Nonetheless, She was able to complete the 24 months full employment last June 2012. She is preparing, actually almost done, the applications for open permit and permanent residence and she will submit it before leaving Canada for vacation to the Philippines.

She was still with her employer with work permit. Her employer allowed her to go on vacation, with supporting papers.

She was scheduled to leave Canada on July 22 and come back on Aug 22, 2012, her first to go home since 2008. Remember, she will be on her 4th year as a LCP on Aug 11, 2012.

Her Dilemma....
1. Is she allowed to leave Canada while her open permit/permanent resident papers under process?
2. Her TRV has expired, she has all the documents she needs to apply in the PH for the re-entry. Is there any hindrance in a way, since her open permit/PR is under process?
3. In her Work Permit, it states there... "This Does Not Authorize Re-entry" thou this expires on Jan 2014 yet. What does this mean?
4. Or better yet not to submit the open permit/PR applications until she is back from vacation?

trisha

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
I your friends work permit is still valid then she can go home for vacation..she ha to apply for trv either in buffalo or in manila..i just came back from vacation got mu trv in the philippines

sham13

Jul 9, 2012
trisha said:
I your friends work permit is still valid then she can go home for vacation..she ha to apply for trv either in buffalo or in manila..i just came back from vacation got mu trv in the philippines
HI TRISHA, are holding open work permit? madali ba kumuha ng TRV sa manila? what are the requirements?

docmar

Jul 10, 2012
@sham13
just go to Philippine.gc.ca website, check on re-entry visa and look for the document checklists.
requirements will differ depends on IN Canada or Outside Canada k mgaapply.