+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

career gap,would i be eligible for student visa

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am graduated as an engineer in 2013. I worked for 2.5 years, after that I had quit my job, and i was searching for jobs/ and preparing for governments. So i have a gap of 2 years. Now I will be joining a new company soon. Iam planning for post graduation degree from a COLLEGE in Canada. With my career gap cause hindrance for acceptance. Thanks

Rajni8777

Feb 9, 2018
Yes
One of my friend's got visa
He was also preparing for bank exams for past 18 months
So he showed those results as gap

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Yes
One of my friend's got visa
He was also preparing for bank exams for past 18 months
So he showed those results as gap
thanks but thats still less than 2 years, my gap is almost 2.5years now, is there a maximum time or something like that?? that if you go beyond that time, you are no longer eligible

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no set rule about gap between studies as long as it makes sense that you want to pursue another degree. Many people work after an undergraduate degree and then want further studies to allow for career advancement.

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Best answer
thanks for your answer, its just that on youtube many applicants have stated that visa had been rejected because of employment gap or study gap, one agency directly stated sorry it cant be done, unless you show that you were doing something in that 2 years of gap. If you are preparing for government jobs its very hard to proof it because that phase indirecty you are pretty much unemployed and sitting at home. Anyway let me do some more research.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you were not doing anything for years it will be definitely more challenging to get approved for a student visa. If you were working it wouldn't be a problem. If you explain that you were preparing for a government job for 2 years but then decided to go to Canada and study that doesn't really make a lot of sense. What is most important is that your application make sense. If there is a reason you are abandoning your government job preparation after 2 years you have to explain in SOP.