Cardiologist referral after medical

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband, myself and our 2 year old did our medical last week, after receiving an ITA. My husband has high blood pressure and is pretty bad at taking his medicine so it was 140/100 when they took it. Today he got a call saying he needs a cardiologist report and has some tests that the cardiologist should consider like EKG for example. Some of those tests are wicked expensive so I cant imagine he would have to do all of them. I mean if he really does and it will cost several thousand dollars (US) this would be a deal breaker for us.

My question is, did anyone get a cardiologist referral? If so, what do we ask for when we go to see a cardiologist. He has done some of those tests yearly for his physical and they've always been ok. The lady at the dr office just forwarded some generic letter and doesn't provide much help on where to go from here.
Looking for insight by anyone who ended up down this route. Thanks!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
If they ask for it then we need to do it. It is cheaper in some countries.

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there. Yes but my question is that there isn't any real guideline on what to do exactly. I am trying to get some real life experience from someone who went through it.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You need to get in touch with the panel physician who did the test. They will know what tests were requested by CIC in the e-medical system. They will guide you on what you need to do. Receptionists will not know the full picture. Somehow get to talk to the doctor who did your tests, and they will let you know the next steps. Also, the cardiologist may also have some system as he is linked to a CIC panel physician where he should be able to see the tests meant for you.

I don't have real experience on this, but just adding my inputs from what I read in this forum.

Arun Mohan

Oct 15, 2019
My husband, myself and our 2 year old did our medical last week, after receiving an ITA. My husband has high blood pressure and is pretty bad at taking his medicine so it was 140/100 when they took it. Today he got a call saying he needs a cardiologist report and has some tests that the cardiologist should consider like EKG for example. Some of those tests are wicked expensive so I cant imagine he would have to do all of them. I mean if he really does and it will cost several thousand dollars (US) this would be a deal breaker for us.

My question is, did anyone get a cardiologist referral? If so, what do we ask for when we go to see a cardiologist. He has done some of those tests yearly for his physical and they've always been ok. The lady at the dr office just forwarded some generic letter and doesn't provide much help on where to go from here.
Looking for insight by anyone who ended up down this route. Thanks!
Hi did your medical approved. I got my medical yesterday and its says B grade and i am worried