+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Car accident after medical test

Laloo

Jun 2, 2018
I am on work permit in Ontario.
I applied for canada PR immigration on Express entry pool and invited for submission of medical and police clearance certificate for me and my wife (she is in India). Did medical test and police clearance last week. I ahve both reports now. Before i submit these papers , i am hospitalized due to car accident as a passenger. Lost my right hearing and have surgery on my fractured skull. I am okay physically with weakness. Going to discharge next week. I don't know about recovery time. Will be off from work for weeks. Would you please guide me what should i do now. I have 2 months to submit medical and police clearance of myself and my wife's. Should i submit my last week medical report with a note of my accident? This is my relative writing behalf of me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you should update via case specific inquiry that you have had a serious car accident. Since you are in Canada it would be easy to see if you have been using Canadian healthcare services. You can ask whether a new medical is required given your injuries. Better to be upfront.

Laloo

Jun 2, 2018
Yes you should update via case specific inquiry that you have had a serious car accident. Since you are in Canada it would be easy to see if you have been using Canadian healthcare services. You can ask whether a new medical is required given your injuries. Better to be upfront.
Thank you very much for your guidance. I haven't submitted my medical papers yet. I am thinking to go for other medical test again. I am physically fit having no issues except right hearing loss and crack in skull which will heal by time. The good thing is that i don't have any physical or mental limitations! What are the possibilities of rejection in my case on the base of health issue which i don't have permanent except on hearing loss. Would you please advise me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for your guidance. I haven't submitted my medical papers yet. I am thinking to go for other medical test again. I am physically fit having no issues except right hearing loss and crack in skull which will heal by time. The good thing is that i don't have any physical or mental limitations! What are the possibilities of rejection in my case on the base of health issue which i don't have permanent except on hearing loss. Would you please advise me
It is the panel physician who sends in your medical so it was probably sent in already. Your chances are very good if you have no issues and the hearing loss is only limited to one ear. Hearing aids are pretty expensive although not sure if one would work for you and don't think they are covered (my family had to pay in Ontario). I don't see anything preventing approval unless you have longterm problems due to your head injury.