+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ - Suspended for 10 colleges - Official CDI/CDE/Canada College/M College/Herzing/ Cegep de la Gaspeseie

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Important notice of a temporary suspension related to certain teaching institutions

As of December 30, 2020, the reception and processing of applications for temporary selection for studies have been suspended for candidates admitted to the ten (10) following teaching institutions:

• M College of Canada;
  • Matrix College of Management, Technology and Healthcare;
  • Canada College inc.;
  • Herzing College (Institute);
  • CDE College;
  • Montréal College of Information Technology;
  • Institut supérieur d’informatique (ISI);
  • Universel College – Gatineau Campus;
  • Collège CDI;
  • Montréal Campus of Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles.

Therefore, as of December 30, 2020:

• Students admitted to the above-mentioned institutions will not be able to submit a new application for the Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) to study at those institutions unless they have been admitted to another institution;
  • Processing any application received prior to that date will be suspended, regardless of the filing date.

This decision will remain in force until March 31, 2021.

Students who are already studying at one of the teaching institutions in question can continue their studies as long as they hold a valid CAQ and study permit.

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/electronic-services/caq-electronic/index.html

What is the future of these colleges now? Students who applied for Visa in these colleges? What to do now?

Reactions: CMog

Yenkiiboi

Jul 30, 2018
It will not effect the students who are currently enrolled in any of these colleges who have a valid CAQ or a study permit.

Only for those who apply new to these colleges and want to get a new CAQ can't apply in these colleges until 31st March 2021 or until any further notice from the Government of Canada and the Government of Quebec

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
It's only going to affect 2021 applicants ( after Dec 30 ) as @Yenkiiboi said.

Either way these 10 colleges are notorious diploma mills and even the government is acknowledging them now.

Unfortunately busted on a Christmas Eve.
It will not effect the students who are currently enrolled in any of these colleges who have a valid CAQ or a study permit.

Only for those who apply new to these colleges and want to get a new CAQ can't apply in these colleges until 31st March 2021 or until any further notice from the Government of Canada and the Government of Quebec
Wrong.. It clearly says.. CAQ and Study permit... not CAQ OR Study Permit... Even who are doing online classes now can't study unless they hold both CAQ and study permit...

Its not just new files....

Click this This decision

Therefore, the processing of any application received before December 30, 2020, for which no decision had yet been made is suspended. The reception of new applications is also suspended as of December 30, 2020

I am worried now, will we get the Study permit or IRCC is going to put on hold our files currently in process for these colleges after the direction of Quebec government... Quebec government has huge influence on these decision...

With AIP can we continue or not and the study we did is valid or not anymore??

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Wrong.. It clearly says.. CAQ and Study permit... not CAQ OR Study Permit... Even who are doing online classes now can't study unless they hold both CAQ and study permit...

Its not just new files....

Click this This decision

Therefore, the processing of any application received before December 30, 2020, for which no decision had yet been made is suspended. The reception of new applications is also suspended as of December 30, 2020

I am worried now, will we get the Study permit or IRCC is going to put on hold our files currently in process for these colleges after the direction of Quebec government... Quebec government has huge influence on these decision...

With AIP can we continue or not and the study we did is valid or not anymore??
If what you are saying is true, it's a serious situation I don't understand why the government has taken such an extreme step during this time. Suspending the study permit makes no sense when a lot of colleges are mimicking the footsteps of these suspended colleges but in a controlled manner especially in Toronto, they are no different from these suspended colleges.

Lambton college is no different from these on the list but the obvious reason they are not scrutinized because they are not going full retard. These colleges did something odd that made themselves to be on the government's radar.

Last edited:

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Maybe these colleges on the list will cancel the intake and offer a deferral or a full refund.

Last edited:

Vish@w

Oct 21, 2020
Hello guys
I have applied for Matrix college, but I want to change my college. I have already applied study permit application, but I haven't received approval yet. What should I do when I change my college? Do I have to reapply for study permit application or just send a new admission letter in the same study permit application?

Ravi.P

Apr 19, 2019
I am not surprised. We have been warning potential students on the a lack of the a better word the fraud education these colleges advertise. I suggest you look at this document @primaprime and I came up with and choose a reputable institution to enrol in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XyvBCAWQpl3dyydJQuYUmd41uw6famuVA6uSmI13TP4/edit?usp=sharing
Hello Tapperb, Thank you for putting through detailed list of colleges. Just wanted to ask one question - the list of colleges included under SCAM list, can we secure admission to these colleges if applicant's main objective is to secure additional 30 points for Masters under EE stream. I can understand after doing Masters from these colleges/ University there will no job prospects. I don't think unlike some countries, Colleges/ University in Canada are not faked/ scammer if they are listed under DLI. Please share your views. Thanks in advance.