+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ REJECT INQUIRY

vrinda142001

Nov 24, 2022
Dear Mam,

My friend is already in Montreal and his last CAQ has expired and applied new CAQ but he got refusal yesterday with the following reason.
So i wanna confirm that i have to create new arrima portal for to upload all this documents ?
Kindly confirm

Official letter from the Registrar's Office of the educational institution that you are
attending, establishing your status as a full-time or as a part-time student and the
number of credits obtained or to be obtained, if applicable
• Original copy of report cards or transcripts from the Québec educational institution
you attended, or certified true copy by that institution, covering the entire period of
your previous CAQ for studies
• Letter dated and signed by yourself explaining why there are many failed or
abandoned courses in your marks transcripts or why you were not registered during
one or more regular terms.
• Document(s) proving your explanations as to why you did not make your studies your
principal activity during the total period covered by your previous CAQ for studies
• Letter of admission from the Registrar's Office (or the Admissions Office) of the
educational institution that you will be attending:
- for the term's registration date mentionned in the letter received has passed.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Dear Mam,

My friend is already in Montreal and his last CAQ has expired and applied new CAQ but he got refusal yesterday with the following reason.
So i wanna confirm that i have to create new arrima portal for to upload all this documents ?
Kindly confirm

Official letter from the Registrar's Office of the educational institution that you are
attending, establishing your status as a full-time or as a part-time student and the
number of credits obtained or to be obtained, if applicable
• Original copy of report cards or transcripts from the Québec educational institution
you attended, or certified true copy by that institution, covering the entire period of
your previous CAQ for studies
abandoned courses in your marks transcripts or why you were not registered during
• Document(s) proving your explanations as to why you did not make your studies your
principal activity during the total period covered by your previous CAQ for studies
• Letter of admission from the Registrar's Office (or the Admissions Office) of the
educational institution that you will be attending:
- for the term's registration date mentionned in the letter received has passed.
the entity that sent you the request ,for sure asked you to reply accordingly and sent you the means on who to reply to !! right ?
looking at the official letter in relation to your friend his status is almost determined :

Document(s) proving your explanations as to why you did not make your studies your

Last edited:

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I agree with @citizenshipcanada

Did he got an actual refusal or an intention of refusal? Did it say the amount of time it has to send the requested documents?
Usually in the letter it should say how to send the requested documents, if not, use the same account you initially used to create your application, it should have an option to upload documents there. As another poster said in another thread"just updated my profile and add the doc" inside arrima.
I do not believe you need to pay again, specially if it is to send requested documents. As that would be similar to create a new application from scratch.
In any case, try to communicate with an agent from MIFI, as a refusal is a serious issue, so better have all the information at hand.
Was he/she a PhD student by any chance?
Also, when did their CAQ expire and when did they apply for the new one?

The most concerning points are these though:

"• Letter dated and signed by yourself explaining why there are many failed or
principal activity during the total period covered by your previous CAQ for studies"