CAQ clarification required for Qubec Universities

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have received acceptance letter from Concordia University and Bishops University
in Quebec. I am a transfer student of first year.

Concordia University has given conditional offer and Bishops unconditional offer and my
first choice is Concordia. I have already applied for CAQ on the basis of Concordia
University but not really sure if I will be able meet all their conditions at the finishing
of my second semester so would like to know in case if I don't meet requirements
of Concordia then I will take up Bishops but then I would have received CAQ on the
basis of Concordia University, will I be able to use the same CAQ or I have to apply for
separate CAQ for Bishops and Concordia.

Appreciate if somebody can assist.

Cheers
Viz

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
vizsagar said:
Hi All,

I have received acceptance letter from Concordia University and Bishops University
in Quebec. I am a transfer student of first year.

Concordia University has given conditional offer and Bishops unconditional offer and my
first choice is Concordia. I have already applied for CAQ on the basis of Concordia
University but not really sure if I will be able meet all their conditions at the finishing
of my second semester so would like to know in case if I don't meet requirements
of Concordia then I will take up Bishops but then I would have received CAQ on the
basis of Concordia University, will I be able to use the same CAQ or I have to apply for
separate CAQ for Bishops and Concordia.

Appreciate if somebody can assist.

Cheers
Viz
Yes, you can use same CAQ even if you change institution or course, after getting visa finalized, I'll let you know if there is name of university mentioned anywhere in CAQ soon.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Razanain,

Thank you for the details and reply buddy!!
It is really very much appreciated.

I am also writing to MICC to find out what really happens.

God Bless!!

Viz

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
razanain said:
Yes, you can use same CAQ even if you change institution or course, after getting visa finalized, I'll let you know if there is name of university mentioned anywhere in CAQ soon.
Hi Razanain,

I called up MICC yesterday with regards to CAQ and I was informed that if I am
taking similar program in an another University within Quebec then I will have to
send MICC a letter stating change of University and acceptance letter from the
new University and they will amend the records in their system and after that I
can apply for visa.

In case I have changed the program all together then I will have to apply all over
again for a new CAQ.

Hope this will be helpful info for you and rest of the people.

God bless !!!

Viz

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
The CAQ approval letter for studies only specifies time frame of validity and level of education. In my case this is August 2014 to August 2016 and education level is specified as "university-level studies of second cycle" which I assume is for Masters taken at a university. The name of my institution, which is Mcgill University, is not mentioned anywhere in the letter. So I guess the answer is yes, you can use an approved valid "CAQ for studies" even if you changed institutions.