+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ application financial document

joshi_spj

Jun 17, 2012
Hi,
I am in Canada on Visitors Visa and got unfunded Ph.D. admission from McGill university. I have managed to get a differential fee waiver for the first year and hence would be paying only around 5K $ in the first year in fees. While applying for CAQ how much financial support I have to show, should it be only for one year (5K tuition + living expenses) or for all of my stay (i.e. 5 yrs)?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
joshi_spj said:
Hi,
I am in Canada on Visitors Visa and got unfunded Ph.D. admission from McGill university. I have managed to get a differential fee waiver for the first year and hence would be paying only around 5K $ in the first year in fees. While applying for CAQ how much financial support I have to show, should it be only for one year (5K tuition + living expenses) or for all of my stay (i.e. 5 yrs)?
for CAQ u dont need financialy support doc.....just follow the list..its a very straight forward process ....

joshi_spj

Jun 17, 2012
Thanks for the response mead, but are you sure I dont need financial docs? The following link says something different. :(

mmigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/obtaining-authorizations/certificat-acceptation/country-canada.html

BTW I think I should clarify that I am an Indian Citizen currently in Canada on a temporary visa, and would be applying for immigration from with-in Canada. Hope that gives you a clearer picture now.

Thanks

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
You need to apply for a study permit from your home country, India.

Foreign Nationals on Visitor Visas are not allowed to apply for a study permit from inside the country.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
joshi_spj said:
Thanks for the response mead, but are you sure I dont need financial docs? The following link says something different. :(

mmigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/obtaining-authorizations/certificat-acceptation/country-canada.html

BTW I think I should clarify that I am an Indian Citizen currently in Canada on a temporary visa, and would be applying for immigration from with-in Canada. Hope that gives you a clearer picture now.

Thanks
how ru going to apply for visa? CAQ from within country and Visa from out side ....????

joshi_spj

Jun 17, 2012
Hi Josh,
Thanks for response, but what you say is not correct. If your spouse is already studying here, then you can apply for study/work permit from inside Canada. So that's not a problem. My main concern is only the financial docs, sicne arranging them would take some time,and that would on the whole delay the visa process. Thanks.

joshi_spj

Jun 17, 2012
Ok Guys,
I probably got my Answer. The necessary docs required depends upon the location from where you apply . So if you apply from within Canada, you do need to show the financial docs. If I had applied from India, they wouldnt have asked me to submit those docs. I think my doubts got answered. Thanks for your help.