Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
Hi

I applied for a one yr pg diploma course at centennial colg, September (fall sem). Visa delayed arrived on 23 sep in canada. Consultant told me, they have contacted the colg and wont be a problem in registering for courses. However, colg now says its too late all courses are full. So they transfer admission to jan semester. But till then to maintan the student status one must study, so centennail suggest to take english course. Which i agreed and wasted a week time to write their english assesment exam. After a week wait for the result they say even the english course is full. And now they have come up with the coolest idea ever "to go back to home country and come again in jan" . But ive enquired from other colleges for short term courses, but they are expensive. Also ive talked to cic about it, they suggest to transfer the visa status to visitor for now, and change back to student in jan.
Can someone suggest what should i do, should i take up another expensive course? or change visa status.

As people here say that its too risky to change the status as they might demand to take an exit before hanging back to student.

Please reply with your suggestions
Appreciate help!

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi

I applied for a one yr pg diploma course at centennial colg, September (fall sem). Visa delayed arrived on 23 sep in canada. Consultant told me, they have contacted the colg and wont be a problem in registering for courses. However, colg now says its too late all courses are full. So they transfer admission to jan semester. But till then to maintan the student status one must study, so centennail suggest to take english course. Which i agreed and wasted a week time to write their english assesment exam. After a week wait for the result they say even the english course is full. And now they have come up with the coolest idea ever "to go back to home country and come again in jan" . But ive enquired from other colleges for short term courses, but they are expensive. Also ive talked to cic about it, they suggest to transfer the visa status to visitor for now, and change back to student in jan.
Can someone suggest what should i do, should i take up another expensive course? or change visa status.

As people here say that its too risky to change the status as they might demand to take an exit before hanging back to student.

Appreciate help!

Thanks
1. Bad advice from IRCC's misinformation line. If you change your status to visitor, (if it was approved) then you would have to apply outside Canada for a new Study permit.
2. If you want to remain in Canada, you are going to have to find a school and enroll.

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hi

Appreciate help!

Thanks
Hi, sorry it might be an irrelevant question. How you contacted CIC? I have some issue and I want to contact CIC about it. But I didn't find any way to contact them. It would be a great help if you can tell how can I contact CIC?

thestarfire

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
02-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
pending
LANDED..........
pending
Hi, sorry it might be an irrelevant question. How you contacted CIC? I have some issue and I want to contact CIC about it. But I didn't find any way to contact them. It would be a great help if you can tell how can I contact CIC?
You can try calling them or send a case specific inquiry using their web form. You will find the link and number in the below link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp