+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't find the date I claimed Asylum

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hi everyone,

Please help me!!! I'm finally at the place where i'm applying for Citizenship!! It;s asking for the date I claimed Asylum but because it has been so long ago, I don't remember the exact date, I looked through a lot of documents I have and I don't seen to find it anywhere. Anyone can help me please?

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

Please help me!!! I'm finally at the place where i'm applying for Citizenship!! It;s asking for the date I claimed Asylum but because it has been so long ago, I don't remember the exact date, I looked through a lot of documents I have and I don't seen to find it anywhere. Anyone can help me please?
The best thing to do is to put the date when you signed the Basis of Claim form. That's what I would do.

Reactions: Ghess23

Driz001

Apr 21, 2022
What about the day you were issued brown paper? Cos for me the day I submitted my claim was when I got the brown paper.

Reactions: ref19to22

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi everyone,

As @/Driz001 said, if you were issued your RPCD/brown paper the day you submitted your claim, that should be the date you enter.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Several dates could serve the purpose such as the date you passed the eligibility interview, the date your case was referred, the date you received brown paper…. Try to remember one of these dates

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Thanks everyone for your help, I think brown paper is the refugee protection claimant document, I found it and I put the date i have on it. For the date my asylum was accepted I put the appeal notice of decision, the date my appeal was considered

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thanks everyone for your help, I think brown paper is the refugee protection claimant document, I found it and I put the date i have on it. For the date my asylum was accepted I put the appeal notice of decision, the date my appeal was considered
Yes the brown paper is the refugee claimant protection document.

For the date your asylum was accepted, I would put the date that your Notice of Decision is ISSUED, not the date you had your hearing.

Reactions: Ghess23