Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
I have added 31 travel itineraries in the address history section and it won't let me add any new rows - however, I have way more itineraries to add (maybe about 10-15 more)

Should I remove my short-term (like 3-5 days) visits to Thailand (which were to visit my family) from the records to make space for others?

The address in all of these visits is the same anyways so its largely redundant data

Anybody got any suggestions or faced the same problem?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I had the same problem with my wife, 10 short trips in the time span of 4 months, my lawyer told me that an address change has to happen if you stay in that address for 3 months or more. So ended up writing one address of Egypt, as she stayed there longer.
Hope this helps.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Wait so you didn't include any of those 10 trips?

Or you just tallied all of them together into a single listing? But in that case, how did you cover the gaps between those trips?

Thanks again mate!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
Wait so you didn't include any of those 10 trips?

Or you just tallied all of them together into a single listing? But in that case, how did you cover the gaps between those trips?

Thanks again mate!
Actually, I got confused and went over my application again. The address was from the first trip till the last and the short trips were mentioned in the travel history. My bad. Apologies for the confusion.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
So you included all of the travels right?

That's the thing, the system won't let me add more than 31 yet I have had more than 31 travels in the last 10 years

So I'm not sure what I can do at this point

Anybody got any ideas?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohh.. No I see the problem. Call CIC if you're in Canada, sometime they help. If not, call you call the embassy to ask?

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
I'm not in Canada but I'll probably give CIC a call anyways....let's see if they can offer me a solution

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
For address history, I put those only where I lived not traveled.
I put the trips in my travel history.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
What's the difference between travel and lived?

Even if you spent one day in a city, you "lived" there for that day, isn't it?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
hshringi said:
What's the difference between travel and lived?

Even if you spent one day in a city, you "lived" there for that day, isn't it?
If I went somewhere for travel purpose, I didn't mention it it address history.
If you are visiting Sahara desert for a week, and you won't mention that current city you are 'living' or current country of residence related to that, will you?
There is a difference between 'travel' and 'live' a place. It is totally upto you where you draw the line!

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
My understanding was that we need to mention addresses for every single day in the last 10 years - travel, lived or otherwise

That said, I'm obviously unable to do that or I wouldnt've made this thread

I've asked CIC for a solution as well so hopefully they'll get back to me with something

If they don't though then I'll follow your lead and start removing a number of my redundant short term travel records which are currently eating up a large number of the 31 records that I am allowed to enter

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
My understanding was that we need to mention addresses for every single day in the last 10 years - travel, lived or otherwise

That said, I'm obviously unable to do that or I wouldnt've made this thread

I've asked CIC for a solution as well so hopefully they'll get back to me with something

If they don't though then I'll follow your lead and start removing a number of my redundant short term travel records which are currently eating up a large number of the 31 records that I am allowed to enter
This seems to be a common confusion, because people don't understand the term "lived" correctly. Seems to be a cultural thing - I don't know?

It's quite simple really:

Address history must contain the addresses of your residence (i.e. where you ordinarily lived during that time). So, if you moved out of your parents' place into your own home, that needs to be recorded in address history. Likewise if you move to a different country to work or study there and rent your own apartment.

Travel history must contain all the trips outside your home country or your country of residence. So, if you went on a short leisure or business trip to Thailand (but not with the intention to move there), and kept your ordinary residence (i.e. you didn't move out), that must go into travel history. Do not put the address of the hotel in the address history - CIC are not interested in that.

Even simpler:

- Moving home --> Address history
- Going on a trip --> Travel history

You may still face the problem that you took a lot of trips in the last 10 years, and the website only lets you enter 30 trips or something.

In that case, attach a letter of explanation with a table of the additional trips that contains the same information as the website asks you.

That's what I did and it worked flawlessly.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
I wasn't talking about my hotel stays. I made short trips to visit my parents where I stayed with them. Doesn't that count as lived or is that still traveled?

Also since I only stayed in hotels in a few international trips, you are saying I don't need to include them at all in the address history records, correct?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
I wasn't talking about my hotel stays. I made short trips to visit my parents where I stayed with them. Doesn't that count as lived or is that still traveled?
No, you went on a trip. You did not move in with your parents, you only visited them. You also maintained your ordinary residence. This does not go into address history, this goes into travel history.

I just gave the hotel as an example. It's the same if you stay with friends or relatives, use AirBnB or Couchsurfing, go camping or sleep under a bridge.

hshringi said:
Also since I only stayed in hotels in a few international trips, you are saying I don't need to include them at all in the address history records, correct?
Correct, that's what I'm saying.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
I see. Thanks for that info, I think I should be able to fit into 31 slots now

My travel history is already sorted, only the address parts were worrying me but it should be good now