+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't accept Alberta nomination on EE profile

Fyn

Jun 30, 2019
Please, I have a concern. I created an express entry profile August 2018 with CRS score of 409. April 2019, I got notification of interest from Alberta PNP, I proceeded with the PNP application and was given the nomination on 25th of June 2019. The same day I got the nomination certificate in my email was the same day I got message from IRCC that my profile is no longer eligible. IELTS expires January 2020, WES remains valid till 2023, proof of fund written and available is a lot more than what is required for my family size.

I would just want to know what could have gone wrong that has made my profile non eligible.

Also, my express entry profile shows the Alberta nomination that gives option to either "accept" or "not accept" the nomination, but the system doesn't respond when I click to accept the nomination.

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Please, I have a concern. I created an express entry profile August 2018 with CRS score of 409. April 2019, I got notification of interest from Alberta PNP, I proceeded with the PNP application and was given the nomination on 25th of June 2019. The same day I got the nomination certificate in my email was the same day I got message from IRCC that my profile is no longer eligible. IELTS expires January 2020, WES remains valid till 2023, proof of fund written and available is a lot more than what is required for my family size.

I would just want to know what could have gone wrong that has made my profile non eligible.

Also, my express entry profile shows the Alberta nomination that gives option to either "accept" or "not accept" the nomination, but the system doesn't respond when I click to accept the nomination.

Oh that sounds stressful. I'd say call the IRCC but if you're outside of Canada it's very hard/impossible to speak to anyone - well that's what we found from the UK. We did manage once to contact them online and did get a response, so maybe try through their website. When you've logged-in to your Canada Immigration application, there's a 'Report a Problem or mistake on this page' grey button. Have you tried this?

If you created the profile in August 2018 it would be live for one year before having to re-apply.

It might be a technical error...?

I hope you fix it.

Last edited:

Fyn

Jun 30, 2019
Oh that sounds stressful. I'd say call the IRCC but if you're outside of Canada it's very hard/impossible to speak to anyone - well that's what we found from the UK. We did manage once to contact them online and did get a response, so maybe try through their website. When you've logged-in to your Canada Immigration application, there's a 'Report a Problem or mistake on this page' grey button. Have you tried this?

If you created the profile in August 2018 it would be live for one year before having to re-apply.

It might be a technical error...?

I hope you fix it.
Okay, I will try that. Thanks so much for your response.

jam24

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019

Just complete another profile, and you should be good to go.

Fyn

Jun 30, 2019
Just complete another profile, and you should be good to go.
That means I cannot make use of the nomination because it states that Alberta will not link the nomination to any other profile other than the current express entry profile number

jam24

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
It says the nomination is only valid for this particular express entry profile number
I would try and contact the office which deals with the nomination and explain the situation and see if they can help you.

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
I recommend to call IRCC. Usually, I call them in the morning right after their open. I believe they locate in Ontario.

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
That means I cannot make use of the nomination because it states that Alberta will not link the nomination to any other profile other than the current express entry profile number
Did you have any luck sorting this out?

Fyn

Jun 30, 2019
Nothing yet, sent several emails but been getting same response of non eligibility. Looks like I'll have to start all over again. Quite painful though

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Nothing yet, sent several emails but been getting same response of non eligibility. Looks like I'll have to start all over again. Quite painful though
Have you tried contacting an immigration lawyer to help/advise? Would be horrible for you to have to start over.

wimicity

Jun 25, 2018

Change of age may reduce points and you no longer have the 67 points for FSW eligibility.

Did you have a birthday recently?