+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot work under implied status ?

phuocpham

Mar 21, 2019
I have this situation:
My Program was deferred 4 months due to covid. Therefore I had to extend my study permit. I got new one but it does not authorize me to engage in off campus job.
I just graduated this week, I am waiting for completion letter and final transcript to apply pgwp and I just got a job offer from a restaurant. However I cannot start working under implied status because my previous study permit does not allow me to do so.

Is there any way to solve this problem. The process for pgwp may take up to 3-4 months now. I can be unable to work for 3-4 months even under implied status.

Reactions: the13thtee

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have this situation:
My Program was deferred 4 months due to covid. Therefore I had to extend my study permit. I got new one but it does not authorize me to engage in off campus job.
I just graduated this week, I am waiting for completion letter and final transcript to apply pgwp and I just got a job offer from a restaurant. However I cannot start working under implied status because my previous study permit does not allow me to do so.

Is there any way to solve this problem. The process for pgwp may take up to 3-4 months now. I can be unable to work for 3-4 months even under implied status.
Believe you had this answered in a previous post. If your study permit doesn’t allow you to work off campus, then you need to change the conditions. It may take as long as waiting for PGWP.

Reactions: susa333

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
I have this situation:

Am in the same boat
i applied pgwp on implied status my study permit is still in processing!!!!
please help can i start working now????

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have this situation:

Unfortunately not, working on implied status is dependent on your prior study permit

Reactions: susa333

phuocpham

Mar 21, 2019
I just received a full-time job offer for Cook position, can I use this job offer to acelerate my study permit amendment?

the13thtee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
I have this situation:

If you have graduated, just apply for the PGWP and you should be eligible to work until it comes on the basis of AoR.

When did you apply for study permit extension and how much time did it take?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have graduated, just apply for the PGWP and you should be eligible to work until it comes on the basis of AoR.

Study permit says he can’t work off campus. He got extension and it says he can’t work off campus. Applying for PGWP doesn’t change current status.

Reactions: phuocpham

phuocpham

Mar 21, 2019

I will apply for pgwp around Jan/2022, I am waiting for completion letter and official transcript.
As I read, I can only work off campus if only my previous permit allows me to do so.