+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot track application status on CIC website

Mirage2000

May 15, 2018
Hello all.
I was wondering whether someone could provide me some guidance with the below question.
My wife and myself submitted two applications on the 28th April 2018 and have confirmation that our application package was delivered on the 11th May. We do not have an AOR yet but paid the fee and received a receipt number which I was hoping to use to check the status of my application on the CIC website. I have tried with my PR number as well but still the message I receive is that I cannot be identified using the information I provided. Do the status and the tracking of the application only become available once the application goes in Process?
Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Do the status and the tracking of the application only become available once the application goes in Process?
Sort of!

Wait for the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). That is, once they open your package, verify your documents and you meet the minimum requirements (enough physical presence days), you will be able to access your status online through ECAS using your UCI or application number.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Hello all.
I was wondering whether someone could provide me some guidance with the below question.
My wife and myself submitted two applications on the 28th April 2018 and have confirmation that our application package was delivered on the 11th May. We do not have an AOR yet but paid the fee and received a receipt number which I was hoping to use to check the status of my application on the CIC website. I have tried with my PR number as well but still the message I receive is that I cannot be identified using the information I provided. Do the status and the tracking of the application only become available once the application goes in Process?
Thank you very much for your time in advance.
You can not check your status until you receive your AOR, if you add your email to your application you will receive it by email if not regular mail, check your spam just in case. Hopefully soon if you check the tracking of people applying in April you can check the time normally 1 or 2 months sometime more or less. Good Luck