+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot receive auto-reply from IRCC

york lau

Jan 2, 2021
I have been trying to apply for entry exemption for my common-law partner. After sending an email to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca, I received an auto-reply immediately, saying that my email was too large (exceeded 5MB) to be delivered. So I reduced the size and sent it again. But now 24 hours have passed, I still cannot receive an auto-reply telling me the application was delivered.

I'm pretty sure that I should receive an auto-reply if the application was delivered successfully. So I'm wondering the reason. Is this because of the date (2021.1.1)? That is, they will not send out auto-reply emails on holidays. And I tried it today(2021.1.2, also a non-business day) and still didn't get a reply yet. Or there is something wrong with my application?
Does anyone know this?

Zoogool

Jan 6, 2021
I’ve been having the same problem! I haven’t received any automatic reply either, did you manage to find out what the problem is?

Sugapriya

Jan 6, 2021
I’m also in ur situation. I sent mail on Jan 3 and received failure messages for size greater than 5 MB after reducing the size I haven’t received automated response mail. Please let me know if u have any update on this

york lau

Jan 2, 2021
I’m also in ur situation. I sent mail on Jan 3 and received failure messages for size greater than 5 MB after reducing the size I haven’t received automated response mail. Please let me know if u have any update on this
Hi, I also tried on Jan 3rd and Jan 4th, but still got no automated reply. I don't know what's going on, and the newest update of their page is in Dec 2020. But I think if we do not get the automated reply, our applications are not received. I will let you know if there is any progress, and please let me know if there is any news from you.

york lau

Jan 2, 2021
Sure. I feel like it has nothing to do with the limit of 5MB cuz I also asked an immigration agent to try it on Jan 4th and the case is the same. So I guess their mailbox stop working.

Sugapriya

Jan 6, 2021
Hi, I also tried on Jan 3rd and Jan 4th, but still got no automated reply. I don't know what's going on, and the newest update of their page is in Dec 2020. But I think if we do not get the automated reply, our applications are not received. I will let you know if there is any progress, and please let me know if there is any news from you.
Sure wil let u know if there is any update

york lau

Jan 2, 2021
I’ve been having the same problem! I haven’t received any automatic reply either, did you manage to find out what the problem is?
I don't know what's going on, and the newest update of their page is in Dec 2020. I guess their mailbox stop working. I will post the update here.

Dindia94

Jul 23, 2018
Hi applied yesterday my email size was below 5mb, even then I didn't recieved any automated response. Is there a change in the process ? Any update?

york lau

Jan 2, 2021
Hi guys! I checked the official Twitter of IRCC and found that they wouldn't start to work until Jan 4th (9:00 A.M. EST). So I tried to send my email again yesterday and received an automated reply successfully. Thus I suggest you send your applications again recently. Good luck!:cool:

Dindia94

Jul 23, 2018
Hi guys! I checked the official Twitter of IRCC and found that they wouldn't start to work until Jan 4th (9:00 A.M. EST). So I tried to send my email again yesterday and received an automated reply successfully. Thus I suggest you send your applications again recently. Good luck!:cool:
Thanks a lot I just re submitted my application and got the automatic email response now.

Dindia94

Jul 23, 2018
Got the approval email today. Interestingly its on the initial email I sent for which I didn't received the auto response