+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot find status of eTA

WilliamShakesBeer

Oct 13, 2017
Hey everyone and Merry Christmas :)

In November, I applied for an eTA and it was issued immediately.

In December, my Working Holiday application was accepted and I received a Letter of Introduction. I was also given a new eTA along with this Letter of Introduction.

Now, I did check the status of both of my eTAs online. For the old eTA, I get the following message:
"Following an assessment of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). As a result, your eTA has been cancelled."

So they probably cancelled my old eTA as they were issuing the new one. Next, I checked the status of the new eTA:
"No matches were found using the criteria provided."

I'm very certain I entered all information correctly. But still after one week I can't find the new eTA.

I did write an enquiry using the web form. The processing times for such enquiries are 10 business days apparently. Since my flight to Canada is on this Friday, I believe I won't get an answer or help before that.

Now I'm wondering what I should do about this. Is my best option to just purchasing yet another eTA?

Owen217

Jan 1, 2018
Hi. I have the exact same problem as you.

Have you received any more information on this? I too posted a web form but the answer was very vague, and just asking me to check to the eTA status tool which I had already done. I'm just a bit wary of buying another one just in case it matters that the new number won't match the eta number on the POE.

Is this a problem that anyone else with an IEC POE is experiencing? Or maybe they just don't show up on the 'check eTA status tool' becuase they weren't applied for as an eTA but rather came with the IEC?

I would be grateful for any information.
Many thanks.

WilliamShakesBeer

Oct 13, 2017
Hi. I have the exact same problem as you.

Have you received any more information on this? I too posted a web form but the answer was very vague, and just asking me to check to the eTA status tool which I had already done. I'm just a bit wary of buying another one just in case it matters that the new number won't match the eta number on the POE.

Is this a problem that anyone else with an IEC POE is experiencing? Or maybe they just don't show up on the 'check eTA status tool' becuase they weren't applied for as an eTA but rather came with the IEC?

I would be grateful for any information.
Many thanks.
I still haven't heard back from my web form request. I didn't want to risk anything and bought a new eTA. At bording and at immigration everything went fine and I have my work permit now.

Owen217

Jan 1, 2018
I still haven't heard back from my web form request. I didn't want to risk anything and bought a new eTA. At bording and at immigration everything went fine and I have my work permit now.
I think I'll do the same then to be safe.
Many thanks for your answer and have a great time in Canada.

Would still be interested to know if this is the case for all eTA's obtained through a work permit or a mistake. If anyone else can let me know what the Check eTA status tool says for them, that would be great.

Thanks.

cupsndimps

Jan 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-02-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2018
I think I'll do the same then to be safe.
Many thanks for your answer and have a great time in Canada.

Would still be interested to know if this is the case for all eTA's obtained through a work permit or a mistake. If anyone else can let me know what the Check eTA status tool says for them, that would be great.

Thanks.
Hi,
Kinda same here!

I got the eTA through workin holiday permit in 2016, and finished it in 2017. I didn’t even check the status when I went in Canada so I didn’t know i couldn’t check my status on the internet at the point but there was no problem then.
But now, I’m applying for permanent residence, so I checked my eta status just in case but there was no match. Then maybe eta through working holiday is not on the system? I’m reaching to the conclusion....

Joachim1993

Mar 8, 2020
I am also experiencing this where an approved ETA through Working Holiday can't be found through the ETA 'check my status' option. And I also had an old one which is now cancelled, probably due to the fact I have the new one.

Yet it is still very annoying because I want to be sure I can board my flight. Any recommendations? @WilliamShakesBeer @Owen217