+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot Enter Canada Before PR Visa Expires

mp7580

May 19, 2019
I have received the COPR and PR visa from the Express Entry Process, but I won't be able to enter Canada before my PR visa expires. And I understand my application will expire as well.

Will it be a problem if I re-apply for Express Entry next year? I was wondering if there would be any issue if I apply again after getting approved earlier, and not entering Canada.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have received the COPR and PR visa from the Express Entry Process, but I won't be able to enter Canada before my PR visa expires. And I understand my application will expire as well.

Will it be a problem if I re-apply for Express Entry next year? I was wondering if there would be any issue if I apply again after getting approved earlier, and not entering Canada.
No, not really. You will have to go through the entire process again, but your prior application won't be a negative. Just explain why you couldn't land in your LoE - you must have a really good reason, right?

Reactions: mp7580

jayscorp

Nov 10, 2018
I would suggest you do a soft landing of not more than 3 days, it might cost you some money both might save you a lot of stress and emotions

Reactions: mp7580

mp7580

May 19, 2019
No, not really. You will have to go through the entire process again, but your prior application won't be a negative. Just explain why you couldn't land in your LoE - you must have a really good reason, right?
Thank You!
Currently I am in United States, and got picked in the H1-B visa lottery this year. I cannot leave the country until October while it's processing, and my PR visa expires in July.

I'm planning to move to Canada in a year or two, but not before I have some savings to start from scratch in Canada.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank You!
Currently I am in United States, and got picked in the H1-B visa lottery this year. I cannot leave the country until October while it's processing, and my PR visa expires in July.

I'm planning to move to Canada in a year or two, but not before I have some savings to start from scratch in Canada.
Once you get the visa in October, make a weekend trip to Canada to complete your landing. It'll be much easier than going through the whole process all over again - there's no guarantee that you will get it again, your circumstances may change (marriage, kids, etc).