+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot Apply for Bridging Open Work Permit as CEC

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted my PR application and received AOR. I would like to apply for Bridging work permit because my current PGWP expires on 24th June. (4 months from now) I currently work in a Canadian company as CEC candidate.
However I am not able to pass the questionaire on cic application website.

Here are the questions I answered on CIC:

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporary - more than 6 months

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada

No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes/No (tried both)

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
Yes

Do you LMIA?
No

Then a final page popped up and tells me that I am not qualified as I need LMIA. But PGWP is LMIA exempted, as well as BOWP. Why? What did I do wrong?

Sal90

Feb 1, 2017
"If you are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a LMIA (or is exempt from needing one), you should:

answer “No” and
create a Job Match account in Job Bank." Source: CIC website

That's why it says you are not elegible! You must reply "NO" to the written job offer question.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sal90 said:
"If you are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a LMIA (or is exempt from needing one), you should:

answer “No” and
create a Job Match account in Job Bank." Source: CIC website

That's why it says you are not elegible! You must reply "NO" to the written job offer question.
If I do that, I won't even be popped with options to apply for a work permit