+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candidates with IELTS one ability score less than 7

alok980

May 10, 2015
wskamel said:
Zosya , alok980 ,

How long did it take to get the new results
It took around 6 weeks to get the re-evaluation result.

Though i was quite certain that my result would increase to 7-7.5 in writing but still the result was negative.

So instead of waiting for 6-8 weeks, i think it is always better to reappear and get the desired result within 13-14 days.

alok980

May 10, 2015
opindersinghbuttar said:
looking at the current trend, it is highly unlikely that the score will go south of 450 any time soon. if you just look at the last 2 draws.

June 13: CRS points 482, invitations 1500 approximately.
June 26: CRS points 469, invitations 1500 approximately.

so within 13 days they were able to invite another 1500 candidates with scores over 469. This has been the story so far, when the points came down to 453 in April, they delayed the next draw for about a month and a half, and score rocketed up to 755 in the May draw.

This to some extent, proves the fact that CIC has no intentions of inviting candidates with scores in range of 400-450, at least not now or in the near future.
I agree with your point, mate. I also don't think, the points are gonna drop below 450 anytime soon

alok980

May 10, 2015
eecandidate said:
Alok,

Yes, we are on the same boat. I didnt apply for reevaluation within the set deadline and as of now my country test centre do not have any availability to sit for the exams before September. But for some reason surprinsgly, I really feel the CRS score will fall to 405-410 levels before September and that is why I am being reluctant to fly abroad just to appear for IELTS. The reason being, someone who is 28 years old, single, bachelors degree, 3+years of experience and IELTS on top range (as definied by CIC using CRS Calculator) tool is limited t0 441 points and someone who is 28 years old, masters degree, 3+years of experience and IELTS 7 on all abilities is limited to 405 points. So at some point near, CIC has to issue ITA to people with above profiles minimum. Dont you think? So, effectively, CRS floor will either be 441 or 405 very soon. I will see, if it never comes below 441, will appear IELTS again, otherwise with 405 I am sorted anyway. My opinion.
Mate, i don't think the points are going to drop anytime soon.

So it is better for you to fly out to a near by country, appear for IELTS and get the desired result.
Don't wait.

alok980

May 10, 2015
Russian said:
I'm in the same miserable boat buddies

My score is L8.5 R9 W6.5 S8

The reevaluation was negative

Probably will go for IELTS a second time. It's better to spend 100$ on IELTS than 1500 on OOPNP
Yes, you should

jyotdeep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Does some1 know about what Ielts score should be in each module, to increase one's points for express entry. I looked into site, to find how ranking takes place in accordance with ielts scores. I am standing at 426. My work permit is expiring on July 6. I applied for visitor visa in june. And, no response from CIC about visa yet. Could not understand at this point, abt what's going on with immigration. Please advise..............

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
I am confused by op's post stating that if he can increase the writing score by 0.5, his CRS score can be increased by as much as 60 points. My original CRS score in January 2015 was 452 (I missed by one point in two April draws) with IELTS score as follows:

Listening: 8.5; Reading: 7; Writing: 7.5; Speaking: 6.5

Then I re-attempted IELTS in April 2015 and achieved the following result - Listening: 8.5; Reading: 8.5; Writing: 7.5; Speaking: 7.5. But my CRS score is only increased from 452 to 466, and the IELTS score is the only variable that has been changed in my profile.

When I fill out the language score of my profile, I select the language exam (which is IELTS) that I have taken and entered the scores on my IELTS report card (not the CLB equivalent score). That is why I do not understand why op stated that his score can be increased by so much.

Could anyone provide me with clarification?

Much appreciated!

alok980

May 10, 2015
roync1031 said:
I am confused by op's post stating that if he can increase the writing score by 0.5, his CRS score can be increased by as much as 60 points. My original CRS score in January 2015 was 452 (I missed by one point in two April draws) with IELTS score as follows:

Listening: 8.5; Reading: 7; Writing: 7.5; Speaking: 6.5

Then I re-attempted IELTS in April 2015 and achieved the following result - Listening: 8.5; Reading: 8.5; Writing: 7.5; Speaking: 7.5. But my CRS score is only increased from 452 to 466, and the IELTS score is the only variable that has been changed in my profile.

When I fill out the language score of my profile, I select the language exam (which is IELTS) that I have taken and entered the scores on my IELTS report card (not the CLB equivalent score). That is why I do not understand why op stated that his score can be increased by so much.

Could anyone provide me with clarification?

Much appreciated!
If you have masters degree and 3+ years of foreign experience then your total score will increase by almost 50+ points due to CLB 9 in each section.

for CLB 9, required IELTS score is L/R/S/W 8/7/7/7.

Kindly check CIC point table for further information

Thanks
Alok