+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candidates with IELTS one ability score less than 7

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Since IELTS has a lot of weight in determining CRS scores, I have come up with an analogy.

My IELTS scores have been L: 8.5, R:7, W: 6.5, S: 8.5. Had my scores been 7 on writing, my CRS points would have gone up from 417 to 475 and by now would have got the ITA already in the March draw. Thats a massive jump.

So, my analogy is if CIC decides to pick up candidates with atleast one language ability less than 7, the points will drop massively. So, the score will settle in 405-410 score and seeing the trend, CIC do not want to do that. They want candidates with atleast CLB 9 in the language ability.

Your thoughts are welcome.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Have you already scheduled to resit the IELTS? I ask because it's clear that you understand what you need to do to greatly improve your chances of getting ITA.

sidhu7786

Sep 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-April-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 22-may-2015
AOR Received.
june-5-2015
Med's Done....
June-19-2015
Passport Req..
Oct-27-2015
if i were you i wud be running to the test centre right now with my fees to reschedule the test.. looks like all your other modules were fine.. jus concentrate on your writing skills and you are going to b fine...

good luck...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eecandidate said:
Since IELTS has a lot of weight in determining CRS scores, I have come up with an analogy.

My IELTS scores have been L: 8.5, R:7, W: 6.5, S: 8.5. Had my scores been 7 on writing, my CRS points would have gone up from 417 to 475 and by now would have got the ITA already in the March draw. Thats a massive jump.

So, my analogy is if CIC decides to pick up candidates with atleast one language ability less than 7, the points will drop massively. So, the score will settle in 405-410 score and seeing the trend, CIC do not want to do that. They want candidates with atleast CLB 9 in the language ability.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Have you considered or applied for revaluation? That half a point is all that is standing between you and an ITA.

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
That half a point in writing has cost me the ITA. I checked upon the dates with the test centers and they are all full till September End :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eecandidate said:
That half a point in writing has cost me the ITA. I checked upon the dates with the test centers and they are all full till September End :(
If you appeared for the IELTS within the last 6 months, you can still apply for revaluation. Else, book another slot immediately without further delay. Hope you hit the CLB 9 mark this time around.

All the best!

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Asivad, its six weeks, not six months. I appeared my IELTS on Dec 6, 2014 so other than reappearing i dont have an option or wait to see if it comes down to 417

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eecandidate said:
Asivad, its six weeks, not six months. I appeared my IELTS on Dec 6, 2014 so other than reappearing i dont have an option or wait to see if it comes down to 417
My bad - meant to write weeks. (Note to self : That is why appending a link helps as there is no scope for confusion.)

I strongly recommend that you block the next available date for the test UNLESS you are awaiting some positive updates on a PN. Don't see the score falling to 417 in the medium term.

zosya

Dec 9, 2014
You should definitely try to retake IELTS. I retook it 3 times. The last time I had also 6.5 for writing and I applied for reevaluation. They reevaluated my writing for 7!

alok980

May 10, 2015
Mate,
I am exactly on d same boat as your's. I can understand your situation.

My scores are L/R/S/W 8.5/8/7/6.5

And currently my total point is 417, if i had got 0.5 extra in writing then my score would have shot up to 475.
I had even applied for re-evaluation. Day before yesterday i got the result, but no change :-(
If i had got this 0.5 then i would have surely got an ITA in the next draw.

I am planning to appear once more in the next 10-15 days.

You should try to resit asap.

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Alok,

Yes, we are on the same boat. I didnt apply for reevaluation within the set deadline and as of now my country test centre do not have any availability to sit for the exams before September. But for some reason surprinsgly, I really feel the CRS score will fall to 405-410 levels before September and that is why I am being reluctant to fly abroad just to appear for IELTS. The reason being, someone who is 28 years old, single, bachelors degree, 3+years of experience and IELTS on top range (as definied by CIC using CRS Calculator) tool is limited t0 441 points and someone who is 28 years old, masters degree, 3+years of experience and IELTS 7 on all abilities is limited to 405 points. So at some point near, CIC has to issue ITA to people with above profiles minimum. Dont you think? So, effectively, CRS floor will either be 441 or 405 very soon. I will see, if it never comes below 441, will appear IELTS again, otherwise with 405 I am sorted anyway. My opinion.

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eecandidate said:
Alok,

Yes, we are on the same boat. I didnt apply for reevaluation within the set deadline and as of now my country test centre do not have any availability to sit for the exams before September. But for some reason surprinsgly, I really feel the CRS score will fall to 405-410 levels before September and that is why I am being reluctant to fly abroad just to appear for IELTS. The reason being, someone who is 28 years old, single, bachelors degree, 3+years of experience and IELTS on top range (as definied by CIC using CRS Calculator) tool is limited t0 441 points and someone who is 28 years old, masters degree, 3+years of experience and IELTS 7 on all abilities is limited to 405 points. So at some point near, CIC has to issue ITA to people with above profiles minimum. Dont you think? So, effectively, CRS floor will either be 441 or 405 very soon. I will see, if it never comes below 441, will appear IELTS again, otherwise with 405 I am sorted anyway. My opinion.
looking at the current trend, it is highly unlikely that the score will go south of 450 any time soon. if you just look at the last 2 draws.

June 13: CRS points 482, invitations 1500 approximately.
June 26: CRS points 469, invitations 1500 approximately.

so within 13 days they were able to invite another 1500 candidates with scores over 469. This has been the story so far, when the points came down to 453 in April, they delayed the next draw for about a month and a half, and score rocketed up to 755 in the May draw.

This to some extent, proves the fact that CIC has no intentions of inviting candidates with scores in range of 400-450, at least not now or in the near future.

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in the same miserable boat buddies

My score is L8.5 R9 W6.5 S8

The reevaluation was negative

Probably will go for IELTS a second time. It's better to spend 100$ on IELTS than 1500 on OOPNP