+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candidate in pool with CRS 438

harshabathija

Dec 4, 2017
Hey Guys,

I have a express entry in the pool with a CRS score of 438. Below is the breakup of my score:

CRS - Human Capital - Age 110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 120
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 133
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 0

Criteria Score
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0

Is there anything that can be done to increase the score by a few points? My IELTS score is 8.5, 9, 7, 7.5 and overall band is 8.

Would you suggest I go for PNP? If yes, which are the best options?

harshabathija

Dec 4, 2017
If you can get 7.5 instead of 7 (assuming it's for speaking or writing), you can get extra 3 points.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes the 7 and 7.5 is for writing and speaking respectively. I think there is some issue with that result because I know I did well for sure. Will give it for revaluation, thank you so much.
Are you sure my score will increase by 3 points though?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Yes the 7 and 7.5 is for writing and speaking respectively. I think there is some issue with that result because I know I did well for sure. Will give it for revaluation, thank you so much.
Nobody can tell you that. Even you can have a hunch only. The only options for you are EOR and retaking the test to get to those marks.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Yes, your score will increase by 3 points and you have a very good chance at 441. However, make sure that you apply for the remark within 6 weeks of your test report form

harshabathija

Dec 4, 2017
I missed the deadline by 5 days. I work full-time and I didn't know my score would increase by 3 points if the IELTS marks increased.
I'm pretty sure I'd have got the .5, my exam went very well, but their rules are set and they don't make exceptions from what I've been told. Thank you, everyone who replied. I definitely know the points I need when I take this exam again.