+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candid Advice pls! What other options/steps should I take?

mrsA

Mar 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I find this forum helpful and informative. Please kindly advice on this situation.
So I arrived Canada as an intl student 2008, completed 1yr pre-university program then finished my 4yr university degree 2013. I received my Post Grad work permit 2013 too. I got married that year 2013 and had a baby 2014. My husband recently got his PR and that automatically made my child Canadian. After so much struggle getting good health care(after UHip expired, I wasnt able to get private insurance since it was a pre-existing condition). I got lucky and found a midwife clinic that helped from getting resources from Community health centers that covered my labs, ultrasound and even getting canadian rate for hosiptal stay.
After the birth of my child, I made my mind to look for work after 1year. So here's the options I have:
1. As a uni graduate, CEC program is my best option...however, lost one year taking care of my child. My PGWP expires May 2016. Still lookinf for job that will qualify under the required NOC code. Most jobs out there are contract or temporary

2. Husband can sponsor me but it will take another 2-3yrs to wait since he just got it

3. We thought about Humanitarian & Compansionate PR but I have no idea how long that will take. ..seems long too

4. Get masters degree after work permit expires...but this still boils down to the long wait..

What other options do I have? How can I get my PR b4 next year 2016...cant leace my family here.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why did your husband not add you to his PR application? Did he land before or after you got married?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When did your husband become a PR? Whether your husband can sponsor you or not will be determined by the answers to this question.

H&C won't work - you have no grounds for claiming it.

mrsA

Mar 19, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Why did your husband not add you to his PR application? Did he land before or after you got married?
He got his PR before we gor married (earlier in the year 2013, marriage took place at the end of 2013)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spousal sponsorship looks like a sure shot to me, unless your husband is on welfare. You could apply now.

There's a good FAQs here:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ

And the Family Class forum here is full of excellent advice.