+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candian Work Experience

beale

Mar 16, 2018
Hello all,

I am waiting for my ECA to come back and in the meantime am getting all documentation ready in case I get an ITA once my EE profile is set up. I am wondering about Canadian work experience. I worked in Canada for just under 2 years (WHP) from April 2014- February 2016 under NOC 1241.

When I checked the CRS tool it asked how many years I had worked in Canada in the last 10 years and I put in 2 as it was closer to two years than one year. When I actually do my profile should I put in just 1 year? I have the letters of employment in the right format ready to go but want to make sure I don't mess anything up. I also saw on the eligibility requirements for CEC that you needed to have worked at least a year in Canada within the last 3 years. Does anyone have any experience with similar history for entering in EE?

Thanks in advance

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whatever you stated in the CRS tool is irrelevant. You are entitled for a year of Canadian work experience, you don't have to select "one" year when creating a profile, you will simply have to state the dates of employment.