+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candian Visa Category W-1 (Multiple Entries)

msekhar_Basis

Jan 12, 2012
Hi All,

I have been granted Candian visa under the category W-1(multiple entries) through my employer. While filling the form IMM1295E, I have used Open work permit and intended place of work is Toronto, Ontario.
Issue of visa was done in May 2011 until 2013. Until now I have not visted canada as the oppturnity was closed. Now my company wants to send me for other opening in different location i,e Calagry or Montoreal.

I would like to know whether My visa is valid for locations other than Toronto, Ontario.

Do, I require to re-petition for getting a visa to work in location other than Toronto.

Regards
Sekhar.

Reactions: Quayehayford

Rohit.84

Mar 6, 2012
Hi.... I have a very urgent question and need ur help... My travel is scheduled on 10th March and I have a valid work permit- W1 category got through ICT. Suddenly my immigration team in office wants to double check with the attorney if the Work permit is valid in Quebec state as well. I got the work permit in July 2011 at india. Initially I was intend to go for an Ontario client at the time applying for WP but now i am traveling to Montreal for Quebec client. plz help me out at the earliest..

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Rohit.84 said:
Hi.... I have a very urgent question and need ur help... My travel is scheduled on 10th March and I have a valid work permit- W1 category got through ICT. Suddenly my immigration team in office wants to double check with the attorney if the Work permit is valid in Quebec state as well. I got the work permit in July 2011 at india. Initially I was intend to go for an Ontario client at the time applying for WP but now i am traveling to Montreal for Quebec client. plz help me out at the earliest..
no quebec requires CAQ...but if you have the letter from embassy stating its ICT, Quebec dont need CAQ...it works like this...CAQ is Quebec Acceptance Certificate for temporary workers, and that is required if your job needs LMO from HRSDC...since you said its ICT you dont need LMO which means you don need CAQ as well..you are open to work in Montreal...but you should be having facts to prove that the new client in Montreal also uses your specialized knowledge......but you should be fine only if its ICT...so confirm with your attorney they processed ICT and got the letter attached in your passport from the embassy ...that letter is what will be used by Montreal officers upon entering Canada..you will be given a WP..

Rohit.84

Mar 6, 2012
prasamp said:
no quebec requires CAQ...but if you have the letter from embassy stating its ICT, Quebec dont need CAQ...it works like this...CAQ is Quebec Acceptance Certificate for temporary workers, and that is required if your job needs LMO from HRSDC...since you said its ICT you dont need LMO which means you don need CAQ as well..you are open to work in Montreal...but you should be having facts to prove that the new client in Montreal also uses your specialized knowledge......but you should be fine only if its ICT...so confirm with your attorney they processed ICT and got the letter attached in your passport from the embassy ...that letter is what will be used by Montreal officers upon entering Canada..you will be given a WP..
I am pretty sure that it is processed through ICT and i have the letter provided by the embassy attached to my passport which says that i need to show it at the canadian border service for WP. but no where in the letter it is mentioned as ICT or LMO. just it has some WP numbers. Will the numbers justify that it is processed through ICT.

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Rohit.84 said:
I am pretty sure that it is processed through ICT and i have the letter provided by the embassy attached to my passport which says that i need to show it at the canadian border service for WP. but no where in the letter it is mentioned as ICT or LMO. just it has some WP numbers. Will the numbers justify that it is processed through ICT.
Hi Rohit... just check out which company its processed for...make sure your letter dont carry your client name...also at the port of entry dont tell your client name...tell your company name(if my understanding is correct you are working for a service based company) and you should be fine...your file number will be enough for them to understand which type of knowledge your are...my case i too in ICT in Montreal now..when i came i dont have it mentioned but i specifically mentioned my company name instead of client name...so make sure you tell the company name so that its put in the WP conditions at the time of issuing..good luck with your travel...Bonjour!

hth
prasamps

Rohit.84

Mar 6, 2012
prasamp said:
Hi Rohit... just check out which company its processed for...make sure your letter dont carry your client name...also at the port of entry dont tell your client name...tell your company name(if my understanding is correct you are working for a service based company) and you should be fine...your file number will be enough for them to understand which type of knowledge your are...my case i too in ICT in Montreal now..when i came i dont have it mentioned but i specifically mentioned my company name instead of client name...so make sure you tell the company name so that its put in the WP conditions at the time of issuing..good luck with your travel...Bonjour!

hth
prasamps
My letter does not carry the client name. I work for a service based company. Now my immigration team is foreseeing problems and working out to see if I could land in Toronto as port of entry and then move to Montreal. Dont know what is going to happen.. My immigration team is consulting with the legal team and going to get back tomo as i need to travel on friday... keeping my fingers crossed. By the way was ur visa processed for Quebec state or Ontario state??

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Rohit.84 said:
My letter does not carry the client name. I work for a service based company. Now my immigration team is foreseeing problems and working out to see if I could land in Toronto as port of entry and then move to Montreal. Dont know what is going to happen.. My immigration team is consulting with the legal team and going to get back tomo as i need to travel on friday... keeping my fingers crossed. By the way was ur visa processed for Quebec state or Ontario state??
mine was processed for qc only..but for whole of canada for ICT you dont need a LMO....and for QC they might see it as issue in the lines of getting CAQ (Quebec Acceptance certificate) which is something specific to work in Quebec...but one dont need CAQ if there is no need for LMO...but be mindful moving from toronto to montreal...because u will be given WP only in port of entry...and they will put conditions on work permit "Can work only for the specified employer" " can work only in the specified role" can work only in the specified location...which means you cant work in Montreal with this work permit...be mindful of the fact that from health insurance, Social insurance everything you need your WP and if the condition dont satisfy they might not issue one...without that your company cant process your salary...so confirm on the location...i would receommend to land directly in montreal (after going through legal consultations) else if u land in toronto tell them on the location condition...tell like my office has branch in quebec province..i will go on official trips for 2-3months duration so i would prefer not to have location condition...if that going to stop me from moving to office for official purposes etc...

riteshbharatiya

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
prasamp said:
mine was processed for qc only..but for whole of canada for ICT you dont need a LMO....and for QC they might see it as issue in the lines of getting CAQ (Quebec Acceptance certificate) which is something specific to work in Quebec...but one dont need CAQ if there is no need for LMO...but be mindful moving from toronto to montreal...because u will be given WP only in port of entry...and they will put conditions on work permit "Can work only for the specified employer" " can work only in the specified role" can work only in the specified location...which means you cant work in Montreal with this work permit...be mindful of the fact that from health insurance, Social insurance everything you need your WP and if the condition dont satisfy they might not issue one...without that your company cant process your salary...so confirm on the location...i would receommend to land directly in montreal (after going through legal consultations) else if u land in toronto tell them on the location condition...tell like my office has branch in quebec province..i will go on official trips for 2-3months duration so i would prefer not to have location condition...if that going to stop me from moving to office for official purposes etc...

Hi Prasamp

I have similar situation where my ICT got approved for my direct employer in Toronto and work location mentioned on offer of employment as toronto, now I have to travel to Moncton in Canada which is different location. Please suggest do I need to follow the same advise for which I am quoting your last statement. Please Help.

Regards
Ritesh

boredpanda

Nov 10, 2017
wanted to check if somebody is aware of the details. on W1 ICT am i allowed to work in Toronto and live in a different city/province for a few months . I dont mind travelling every week to Toronto for meetings but not sure if i want to live in the cold.

Pawan1002

Feb 1, 2019
Hi All,

I am also in same situation, initially my ICT (Intra Company Transfer) Work Visa was applied for Calgary, however I could not travel.
Now I need to travel to Toronto. Kindly suggest Can land in Toronto and get Work Permit from Toronto? Or do I need to do landing in Calgary and get the work permit from Calgary which can later be amended for Toronto location.

Or do I need to apply a fresh ICT Work Visa for Toronto location?

Kindly provide your inputs, it is an urgent request.

Thanks
Pawan

Jan 30, 2020
Hi , thanks in advance
As i applied w-1 visa through an agent
And they are not asking any money , they are saying that money will be deducted from my salary..
Is this genuine ??

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sounds like a scam given that approach is common with scammers.

Do you have a job offer , if so post copy here with details removed.

If you have an offer and promises any one of free accommodation, food or flights it will be a scam

Jan 30, 2020
Sounds like a scam given that approach is common with scammers.

Do you have a job offer , if so post copy here with details removed.

If you have an offer and promises any one of free accommodation, food or flights it will be a scam
They are telling that after embassy fees they will provide offer letter ..
Please let me know on this .

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
They are telling that after embassy fees they will provide offer letter ..
Please let me know on this .
So you are planning to go through this process without seeing any offer letter ? Do you even know what the job is or the company ? Has this agent told you how much will be deducted from the salary of this job for which you have not seen an offer yet ?