+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancer patient -PR/visitor visa

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi ,
My mom is just diagnosed with breast cancer and advised to have Chemo and surgery after. Doctor said she will 100% recover from cancer in next 5/6 months however she has to follow mammogram every year or 6 months. Doctor will advise after her treatment.

My question is , is this situation can be a reason for denial for PR/visitor visa if we apply next year? Because we cant do it this year anyways.. I checked CIC website and they says that they may reject if it is expensive demand of health.. but I am not understanding What is means exactly..
My mom is in India and she is 53 years old..
Please share if you have similar experiences or if you can help me with this situation.

CIC link :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons.html

Thank you!!
Regards,
Ash

Reactions: Keepsthefaith

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
My mom is just diagnosed with breast cancer and advised to have Chemo and surgery after. Doctor said she will 100% recover from cancer in next 5/6 months however she has to follow mammogram every year or 6 months. Doctor will advise after her treatment.

My question is , is this situation can be a reason for denial for PR/visitor visa if we apply next year? Because we cant do it this year anyways.. I checked CIC website and they says that they may reject if it is expensive demand of health.. but I am not understanding What is means exactly..
Please share if you have similar experiences or if you can help me with this situation.

CIC link :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons.html

Thank you!!
Regards,
Ash
Mammogram is not a reason to be denied. She would need to pay for the mammogram if she is visiting Canada for over 6 months. Too early to know what expenses she will have after her cancer is in remission.

There is never a guarantee that a parent can move to Canada and get a PR. If she does get selected, is in remission and her cancer isn’t the type that is likely to return again in less than 5 years she will likely be ok. She has only just started her cancer journey so hard to comment.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Mammogram is not a reason to be denied. She would need to pay for the mammogram if she is visiting Canada for over 6 months. Too early to know what expenses she will have after her cancer is in remission.

There is never a guarantee that a parent can move to Canada and get a PR. If she does get selected, is in remission and her cancer isn’t the type that is likely to return again in less than 5 years she will likely be ok. She has only just started her cancer journey so hard to comment.
Ohkk..Thank you for you reply..

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Get her treatment first. Worry about PR later. Until she is well enough to travel, visitor visa isn't an issue as well.
With the COVID 19 situration, we don't even know if they will open up PGP this year. Or even next year.
Wish her a full recovery.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Get her treatment first. Worry about PR later. Until she is well enough to travel, visitor visa isn't an issue as well.
With the COVID 19 situration, we don't even know if they will open up PGP this year. Or even next year.
Wish her a full recovery.
Thank you for your quick response.. sure.. I am focusing on her full recovery right now .. And yes actually we dont know if PGP is going to open this year or no.. Thank you again !!

Keepsthefaith

Sep 17, 2014
Hi ,

Thank you!!
Regards,
Ash

Hi @AiVi I know this was an old post, but have you applied for your Mom's vistors visa?