+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled the hotel booking after submitting TRV application

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys

I did do this on purpose - I booked hotel for my parent's visit visa, showed the booking in the supporting docs, submitted the application .... then I cancelled that booking as I found something better elsewhere.

I am afraid if the visa officers call the hotel to verify the booking, they'll be told it's cancelled. How can I rectify this, I do have a different hotel booking for the same period as the original one.

Any help most appreciated.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It's extremely unlikely that anyone will call the hotel. Don't worry about it. Before they get to the point of calling the hotel, they will just decline your application - the hotel booking isn't going to change their mind one way or the other.

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Before they get to the point of calling the hotel, they will just decline your application - the hotel booking isn't going to change their mind one way or the other.
Well thanks for saying that... lol I am sure you didn't mean it negatively. Would have been nice to see an if. Nevertheless it's reassuring as the rest of the app is solid.. Well I really hope so :)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Well thanks for saying that... lol I am sure you didn't mean it negatively. Would have been nice to see an if. Nevertheless it's reassuring as the rest of the app is solid.. Well I really hope so :)
Haha, what I mean is, they aren't going to bother calling the hotel - if they are that worried about the application, they'll just decline it.

If the rest of the application is solid, this one thing will make zero difference.

Reactions: can19cancan