+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancellation of TRV and claim of refund

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am working in Canada on Work Permit. Earlier this year (Feb-2021) I applied for Temporary Resident Visa for myself and my dependents staying in Canada. Few days back I got my Permanent Residence approval status. My TRV application got approved on Aug-1 and was asked to submit passport for visa stamping. If my understanding is correct, I need not submit the passport as I am a PR now. I got the eCOPR but the physical cards are yet to be received. But my dependent's TRV is still in progress and no updates in the TRV profile? How do I cancel the TRV application and claim for the refund? Is there any email address to which an email can be sent for cancellation of the TRV Application and claim refund?
Due to the recent Afghan crisis, it is very hard to get IRCC agent on call even when tried at 8.00 am EST.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am working in Canada on Work Permit. Earlier this year (Feb-2021) I applied for Temporary Resident Visa for myself and my dependents staying in Canada. Few days back I got my Permanent Residence approval status. My TRV application got approved on Aug-1 and was asked to submit passport for visa stamping. If my understanding is correct, I need not submit the passport as I am a PR now. I got the eCOPR but the physical cards are yet to be received. But my dependent's TRV is still in progress and no updates in the TRV profile? How do I cancel the TRV application and claim for the refund? Is there any email address to which an email can be sent for cancellation of the TRV Application and claim refund?
Due to the recent Afghan crisis, it is very hard to get IRCC agent on call even when tried at 8.00 am EST.
Don’t believe you will get a refund because the work was already done.

Reactions: Buletruck