+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canceling repretative

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As others have indicated it will really depend on the contract you signed. You're going to have to resolve the payment issues with your lawyer. It isn't as simple as changing the representative and walking away. You will have to settle any outstanding fees associated with getting protected person status and trying to negotiate getting out of your contract (if you did sign a contract) agreeing to pay the lawyer to apply for PR.

Tony81

Oct 14, 2021
As others have indicated it will really depend on the contract you signed. You're going to have to resolve the payment issues with your lawyer. It isn't as simple as changing the representative and walking away. You will have to settle any outstanding fees associated with getting protected person status and trying to negotiate getting out of your contract (if you did sign a contract) agreeing to pay the lawyer to apply for PR.
Thank you for your feedback I already paid my lawyer all his fees but I can not pay him what is asking for me for my pr application

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
you don’t need to contact your lawyer. You can create PR application by yourself its super easy. I had representative too but all i did was fill pr application and submitted now i get everything not my representative
100% correct.
Just to add: If OP wants second look or help from someone experienced, they can look for neighborhood centers too.

Reactions: sohaib1 and Tony81

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your feedback I already paid my lawyer all his fees but I can not pay him what is asking for me for my pr application
Would suggest reading your contract espesially any fine print. If you are free to leave without further payment there is no issue.

Reactions: Tony81

yj09

Apr 26, 2019
You do not need to cancel your representative if you have not yet submitted the application.
Your lawyer was only representing you before the IRB regarding your refugee claim. Your PR application needs to be submitted to IRCC and if you do not submit Use of Rep form in the application, then no one is your representative for your PR application.
If your lawyer has submitted the application, then you just complete the Use of Representative form to cancel your representative. You can write to IRCC, providing your update contact information and ask them to directly contact you....