+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canceling medical exam and doing it in Canada?

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
Hi,

I have a Medical Exam set for Tuesday but it's down in Seattle which is about a 2 hour drive for me. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to cancel that even though I already set them all the paperwork and attend one in the Vancouver or surrounding areas. When I originally set my appointment this didn't come to mind that I could do one in Canada (even though I'm American). I believe the fee is $400 in the USA, and after reading the forums it appears in Canada the medical exam fee's can be a lot cheaper (and in Canadian dollars). The only problem is seeing how long the wait would be.

My question - would it matter if I cancel the appointment and get it done in Canada? I worry that they already setup my E-Medical that's the only issue...We plan to file with the new forms this weekend and mail it off this week, but the new forms don't require you to get one up front anyway. Perhaps I could always cancel and get it later on if I can't get in sometime this week?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

It has been reported by another member that Panel Physicians have been directed to no longer do upfront medicals. It hasn't been confirmed yet if all offices are following this.

Call around and see if you can get an appointment. If you can't get one, it will be up to you to decide whether to do the more expensive one now or wait for IRCC to request the medical later in the process and do it here for cheaper.

Tinabuchan

Oct 2, 2016
I'm an American and I got my medical exam in Vancouver in July. It was $300 CAD. I got it from https://immigrationmedical.ca/Canadian-Immigration-medical-examination.html - Dr. Ciszak. They need a week to schedule it but put me on a waiting list. Someone cancelled and they got me right in. Didn't even wait a week. They do the blood work in the same building too. Super easy.

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
Honestly that's about $150 less.. I think I'll just go to my appointment Tuesday and get it done snd over with. That way we can send all documents off the day after Christmas (new forms), -and get going with the process.

I do have a police certificate and so far have been given different answers to what to do. I received it back on December 13th, shipped on 7th it was confirmed by the fbi. Originally planned to do the old forms so I got the jump start on it... But now I don't know if I should include it or not. It expires in 6 months, so May 7th. Should I hope they request it by then and hold on to it or include it in my packet? The new forms don't say I don't need it right away but then it says further down in the guide they encourage you to get it ASAP. What do you guys recommend?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mike2007 said:
Honestly that's about $150 less.. I think I'll just go to my appointment Tuesday and get it done snd over with. That way we can send all documents off the day after Christmas (new forms), -and get going with the process.

I do have a police certificate and so far have been given different answers to what to do. I received it back on December 13th, shipped on 7th it was confirmed by the fbi. Originally planned to do the old forms so I got the jump start on it... But now I don't know if I should include it or not. It expires in 6 months, so May 7th. Should I hope they request it by then and hold on to it or include it in my packet? The new forms don't say I don't need it right away but then it says further down in the guide they encourage you to get it ASAP. What do you guys recommend?
Include the PCC with a letter explaining that you already had it because you were originally using the old application package.

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Include the PCC with a letter explaining that you already had it because you were originally using the old application package.
Okay thank you! Hopefully this may even speed things along by having Medical + PCC already. :)

In regards to photos, evidence, etc. Can I include the physical originals of cards sent between each other, boarding passes, etc. Or do they want photocopies?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mike2007 said:
Okay thank you! Hopefully this may even speed things along by having Medical + PCC already. :)

In regards to photos, evidence, etc. Can I include the physical originals of cards sent between each other, boarding passes, etc. Or do they want photocopies?
They only want copies.