+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canceled Citizenship Ceremony

Sky999

Dec 9, 2023
Nothing yet, unfortunately! It seems it might take months of waiting. Hopefully, less than 6 months. People are stuck from mid-July. Unless for some really weighty reason (job opprtunity abroad, etc), they do not seem interested to get thing done quicker. Our oath date might come today, it might come in March, it might come (God forbid!) in September. They refuse to tell any processing times. I only know that any rescheduling should not take more than 6 months, but a friend of mine who missed his ceremony is in his 8th month of reschedule wait now. It is heart-breaking to be treated like that when being just a step away from becoming this country's own denizen.
Hi any good news yet?

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
We applied on Dec 16, 2022, and our upcoming ceremony was cancelled on Aug 30, 2023, 7 days before the ceremony date. The USA job offer letter helped us a lot in January 2024. We also gave through WebForm a detailed explanation why it is important for us to get our application expedited. I submitted through WebForm first, and my immigration consultant made an explanation. Then IRCC notified me that this letter was put in queue to be reviewed by an officer. Unfortunately, during 1 month and 1 week there was no action on part of IRCC. I contacted my MP regarding this and she contacted IRCC about 4 times to ask about the status of the review. We also sent the copy of the letter by regular mail to Scarborough office. I also sent it by e-mail to Scarborough office. We also went to Scarborough to talk in person but could not meet with anyone apart from a security guy. There was no any action. Finally, when it was 1 month before the expiration of the offer, my MP raised a ticket and escalated the case. She said the officer was "unwilling" to do so as the application was "non-routine and with no processing times" (BS!!! Always say so, on no grounds apparently) but she insisted saying that the expiration date is nearing. 2 days after the escalation we got the new date (Feb 5 2024). About 10 hours before we got it I also wrote to Marc Miller (I do not know if it really helped). That's the story.

oduv

Mar 25, 2024
Hello, My re-scheduled Oath was also cancelled due to booking error in October 2023. No re-schedule received yet.