+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cancel studies

euterpe

Sep 10, 2018
Hi there..
I'm an international student recently graduated.. and I have understood that if I'm enrolled in another college I'm able to work 150 days before my new program starts.. Ok, sounds good. However at the same time I wanna apply for WH visa.. So my questions are.. What happen if I enroll me for a new programm which starts on march.. meanwhile I work with this acceptance letter from the new college... and then I receive the WH visa.. Can I cancel my studies before the program starts.. even if I'm working during this period.. (taking advantage of this 150 days) And then activate the Wh visa? I'll have issues with CIC in the future if I wanna apply for PR?
Any help please!
Thank you in advance :)

euterpe

Sep 10, 2018
Ok.. I got it :) thanks for your answer.. However if I enroll me in other college but I DON'T work during this time.. just enroll me to keep an status in Canada.. and then I receive the WH during this period (150 days).. then I can cancel my studies before my new program starts? So I would be able to activate my WH and work with my work permit to gain canadian experience? I just need 4 more months to apply for PR through CEC..
I'll have issues with the government if I do this?
or in that case do you think it's better to apply for a visitor visa? So I can stay here longer.. my visa will expire by the end of this month, that's why I need to know what should I do asap.. The reason because I wanna enroll me is because I'll have 5 months instead of 3 with the visitor visa.. So that will give me more chances (time) of receiving a wh visa or young professional visa, I have a job offer BTW.. But I didn't receive the invitation to apply this time and now the pool is close.. will be open in november again.. for both WH and Young Professional..
Cheers!!