+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancel common law sponsorship

Hayley92

Jan 22, 2018
I applied for common law in october shouldnt my husband document be here already did it get denied cuz i made a mistake or if so if i cancel the sponsorship document can i re apply

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Have you received any correspondence from CIC? the first message would have been sent to the applicant (your husband) that the application was received (AOR1) and other emails for Police Check and Schedule A would have followed. You as the sponsor would have received an email whether you've been approved to be a sponsor. (Although I've seen some cases where the Sponsor Approval email was never sent.

CIC's target is to process 80% of all spousal sponsorships within 12 months. Some will be approved sooner, others will be after that target.

Without more details about your application I'm not sure anyone can answer your questions exactly with any specifics.

If you got the AOR1 email, it would have the applicant's UCI (Unique client identity) number. Also it would say what your application number is. With that information you can link your application to an online profile called myCIC GCKEY where you occasionally get status updates and additional requests.

If you are using a 3rd party representative, that person will have received all communication from CIC and should have notified you.