+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian working experience is not counted for EE profile. How to fix it?

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi folks!

Initially I faced with profile ineligibility problem. I suspected that it could be because I pointed that I had job offer but it wasn't supported by LMIA. So it could be estimated as "not qualified". When I removed job offer from the profile it became eligible but now I have another problem - I have no points for my Canadian Experience.

I have been working for my current employer from January 2016 till now (November 2016), 40 hours per week. so I have more than 1760 working hours all together. Besides I worked for the same employer 4 months in 2015 pert time (240 hours). I pointed all this in "work history". But it wasn't counted anyways:( While as I know the "full time year minimum is 1560 hours.

I tried to submit differently:
1) From Jan 2016 "this is my current" work - wasn't counted
2) From Jan 2016 till Nov. 2016 - wasn't counted
2) I even tried to point Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016 (just to check if a calendar year will work) - wasn't counted either

What can be wrong??? And how to fix it?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Judlu said:
Hi folks!

Initially I faced with profile ineligibility problem. I suspected that it could be because I pointed that I had job offer but it wasn't supported by LMIA. So it could be estimated as "not qualified". When I removed job offer from the profile it became eligible but now I have another problem - I have no points for my Canadian Experience.

I have been working for my current employer from January 2016 till now (November 2016), 40 hours per week. so I have more than 1760 working hours all together. Besides I worked for the same employer 4 months in 2015 pert time (240 hours). I pointed all this in "work history". But it wasn't counted anyways:( While as I know the "full time year minimum is 1560 hours.

I tried to submit differently:
1) From Jan 2016 "this is my current" work - wasn't counted
2) From Jan 2016 till Nov. 2016 - wasn't counted
2) I even tried to point Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016 (just to check if a calendar year will work) - wasn't counted either

What can be wrong??? And how to fix it?
You need at least one calendar year and 1560 hours of Canadian work experience to get points toward CEC. Putting Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016 would probably do the trick, it's just takes some time until points are updated. Cause you should not claim experience that you don't have.

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
pfse said:
You need at least one calendar year and 1560 hours of Canadian work experience to get points toward CEC. Putting Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016 would probably do the trick, it's just takes some time until points are updated. Cause you should not claim experience that you don't have.
It's not a trick - I tried it just to test how it works.

I agree regarding CEC (it requires 12 calendar months)
BUT
for FSW you need just this minimum of 1560 hours that I have. And the program shows that I meet criteria but it doesn't count for me points for Canadian work experience. I still don't understand the reason.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Judlu said:
It's not a trick - I tried it just to test how it works.

I agree regarding CEC (it requires 12 calendar months)
BUT
for FSW you need just this minimum of 1560 hours that I have. And the program shows that I meet criteria but it doesn't count for me points for Canadian work experience. I still don't understand the reason.
This is incorrect. You need the 1560 and one full year of work experience just like pfse said.

You have to wait until Jan 2017 to get those points.

Cheers :)

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
This is incorrect. You need the 1560 and one full year of work experience just like pfse said.

Really?! OMG, I have to wait again :(

But if so why I didn't got these points when I tried to submit "Nov 2015 - Nov 2016" work period? It's a year...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is the NOC 0/A/B?

If so, considering how the system has been acting lately it is probably a bug of some sort.

Cheers ;)

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
DelPiero07 said:

Maybe you can help to handle with another question - it's related to "valid job offer":

The situation is:
In Jan. 2016 I got a job offer from my employer and since then I have been working for this company. In that job offer my position was described as "permanent full time" so it's not limited in time. I didn't need an LMIA because I had (and still have) post graduate work permit. It's open PGWP (not employer-specific). And it expires in March 2017.
So generally speaking this job offer is still valid, right? Actually it's limited only by the expiration date of my PGWP.

In this case can I point it as a "valid job offer"?

If so I have to point also that this is exception from LMIA
BUT
according to CIC only post-graduate work permit that is employer-specific can be an exception from LMIA.

I confused:
on the one hand I don't need LMIA to work according to my PGWP and current job offer,
but on the other hand open PGWP is not an exception from LMIA.

It seems that open PGWP is somewhere "in between".

So I don't understand how to reflect it in EE profile better? Do I still have a chance to get my 50 points for a "valid job offer"?

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Is the NOC 0/A/B?

If so, considering how the system has been acting lately it is probably a bug of some sort.

Cheers ;)
My NOC is 0124 (it's Marketing Manager)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Judlu said:
Maybe you can help to handle with another question - it's related to "valid job offer":

The situation is:
In Jan. 2016 I got a job offer from my employer and since then I have been working for this company. In that job offer my position was described as "permanent full time" so it's not limited in time. I didn't need an LMIA because I had (and still have) post graduate work permit. It's open PGWP (not employer-specific). And it expires in March 2017.
So generally speaking this job offer is still valid, right? Actually it's limited only by the expiration date of my PGWP.

In this case can I point it as a "valid job offer"?

If so I have to point also that this is exception from LMIA
BUT
according to CIC only post-graduate work permit that is employer-specific can be an exception from LMIA.

I confused:
on the one hand I don't need LMIA to work according to my PGWP and current job offer,
but on the other hand open PGWP is not an exception from LMIA.

It seems that open PGWP is somewhere "in between".

So I don't understand how to reflect it in EE profile better? Do I still have a chance to get my 50 points for a "valid job offer"?
No, you can only get points if you have LMIA OR

If you have a work permit with your employer's name on it and worked there for a full year (NAFTA, ICT) then you can get those 50 points.

A PGWP permit does not grant you any extra points.

Cheers ;)