+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian work experience

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
Hi,

I have a full time job of 37.5 hours per week.
But I saw on IRCC website that they will not consider anything more than 30 hours.
I have to apply by September as I will complete 1year work ex by then.
However if they only consider 30 hours per week then I will be delayed as my 1560 hours will be complete only in October if I go by 30 hours per week.

Please advise/ suggestions

Thank you

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Hi,

But I saw on IRCC website that they will not consider anything more than 30 hours.
However if they only consider 30 hours per week then I will be delayed as my 1560 hours will be complete only in October if I go by 30 hours per week.

Thank you
30 hours is minimum requirement for per week.

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi,

Thank you
Anyone with a full time job work for around 40 hours a week considering this the 1560 mark is attained nearly in 10 months. However the maximum amount of time you can claim is 30 hours per week. So you have to wait till end of October to be able to claim 1 year of work experience. I was in a similar situation but my consultant confirmed that I cannot claim anything more than 30 hours a week

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

Thank you
The amount of time it takes to complete the 1 year work experience is exactly that 1 year. If your are working full time (30 or more per week) then you'll reach the 1560 hours mark exactly after 52 weeks (very simple math 52*30=1560).

You don't HAVE to apply by Sept, no. You meet the minimum criteria then, you don't have to apply then. Very different.

That's when you can, if you wish since it is not something you HAVE to do, submit your EE profile and then wait to be invited to apply for PR.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Anyone with a full time job work for around 40 hours a week considering this the 1560 mark is attained nearly in 10 months. However the maximum amount of time you can claim is 30 hours per week. So you have to wait till end of October to be able to claim 1 year of work experience. I was in a similar situation but my consultant confirmed that I cannot claim anything more than 30 hours a week
You don't need a consultant to tell you that. All it takes is being capable of reading and visit IRCC's website where this is very clearly explained.

Since you only count up to 30h/week the earliest you can satisfy the minimum work experience criteria is within 52 weeks. Not 10 months, 52 weeks ( or 1 year for IRCC purposes).

Reactions: scylla

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
You don't need a consultant to tell you that. All it takes is being capable of reading and visit IRCC's website where this is very clearly explained.

Since you only count up to 30h/week the earliest you can satisfy the minimum work experience criteria is within 52 weeks. Not 10 months, 52 weeks ( or 1 year for IRCC purposes).
Oh thanks for letting me know. I think with people like you who take out all the time to reply to all the comments people actually don’t need to go to any consultant. Appreciate that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Thank you
You won't qualify to apply until October when you have 52 separate weeks of work experience where you worked 30 hours or more in each of those weeks. You cannot apply earlier because you are working more than 30 hours per weeks.

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
You won't qualify to apply until October when you have 52 separate weeks of work experience where you worked 30 hours or more in each of those weeks. You cannot apply earlier because you are working more than 30 hours per weeks.
Thank you for your advise, however that's pretty scary because my work permit expires in Feb 2022, i am on a spousal open work permit which cannot be extended or given a new one and applying through CEC is my only option
I don't even know how to look for LMIA if CEC doesn't work out . Any suggestions/ thoughts on this

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your advise, however that's pretty scary because my work permit expires in Feb 2022, i am on a spousal open work permit which cannot be extended or given a new one and applying through CEC is my only option
I don't even know how to look for LMIA if CEC doesn't work out . Any suggestions/ thoughts on this
If you can get ITA under CEC and submit your application before your current work permit expires, the you can apply for a bridging open work permit and continue working while your application is being processed. That's the best path for you.

Sure, you can go the LMIA route. But it's generally very difficult to find employers willing to go through this process. You would want to start that conversation with your employer soon.

Make sure you have maxed out your IELTS scores so that you can get your score as high as possible.

You should look into the PNP programs for the province where you are living as well. This might be an option for you.

Again, for CEC, you need to wait until you have 52 separate weeks of work experience to be able to claim a year of Canadian work experience. Make sure you don't submit a complete application if you have fewer than 52 weeks.

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
If you can get ITA under CEC and submit your application before your current work permit expires, the you can apply for a bridging open work permit and continue working while your application is being processed. That's the best path for you.

Sure, you can go the LMIA route. But it's generally very difficult to find employers willing to go through this process. You would want to start that conversation with your employer soon.

Make sure you have maxed out your IELTS scores so that you can get your score as high as possible.

You should look into the PNP programs for the province where you are living as well. This might be an option for you.

Again, for CEC, you need to wait until you have 52 separate weeks of work experience to be able to claim a year of Canadian work experience. Make sure you don't submit a complete application if you have fewer than 52 weeks.
Thank you so much,
Yes that the aim , to get the highest in celpip
My employer does not provide LMIA but If all goes well I am assuming my score should be around 460 because I have 4.5 years work experience from my country as well. However God only know what the cut off will be by October/ November.
For PNP I thought first I need to be in the pool only then I can be invited for PNP, if I stand a chance