+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian work exp: letter of employment doesn't state the amount of weekly hours

hybridin

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
My letter of employment (from previous job) doesn't say that I did 40 hours a week. Its just stating my position & duration etc. Should I request a new letter?

I am wondering if CIC could actually contact my previous employer directly (since its a local company) in case if they need to clarify something or they just deny my application...

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can get a letter with that information it's better to do that. If I am you I do not expect CIC to get the information to process my application. In case you are not able to get that letter then you can provide some supplement documents to prove that and in that case you can also submit an LOE.

So try to get the document if possible and that's the best thing to do...

N

newtoexpressentry

hybridin said:
My letter of employment (from previous job) doesn't say that I did 40 hours a week. Its just stating my position & duration etc. Should I request a new letter?

I am wondering if CIC could actually contact my previous employer directly (since its a local company) in case if they need to clarify something or they just deny my application...
my guess is if it says" Permanent full time job" then u should be fine

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi,

Same case here.

My ex employer will not mention the working hours and salary in my ref. letter.

I am planning to write another letter in CIC format with one of my senior colleague working in that company and add a reference to the original ref letter provided by the company. I will get it notarized and will submit together with the original one.

Will this work out?

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtoexpressentry said:
my guess is if it says" Permanent full time job" then u should be fine
No I don't think so. it was explained by someone in another thread.

Full time hours depends on the company. CIC needs 30 (corrected after del, so no one refers it wrongly)hours to consider the job as full time.

Again since you didn't mention there is any issue in getting a letter why don't you get the letter with hours and submit? That's the best thing to do. All these questions should be raised only if you are not able to get one ... think through..

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
ajufsd said:
Hi,

Same case here.

I am planning to write another letter in CIC format with one of my senior colleague working in that company and add a reference to the original ref letter provided by the company. I will get it notarized and will submit together with the original one.

Will this work out?
Sounds good.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WP_Jun13 said:
No I don't think so. it was explained by someone in another thread.

Full time hours depends on the company. CIC needs 35 hours to consider the job as full time.

Again since you didn't mention there is any issue in getting a letter why don't you get the letter with hours and submit? That's the best thing to do. All these questions should be raised only if you are not able to get one ... think through..
30 hours is full-time

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajufsd said:
Hi,

Same case here.

Will this work out?

to prove the salary and hours you can also submit your pay stubs and T4. does it have the hours?

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
WP_Jun13 said:
to prove the salary and hours you can also submit your pay stubs and T4. does it have the hours?
No, it doesn't. It just says about the salary part. I also plan to include some more job responsibilities in the letter given by senior as the original letter has only 5 points.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hybridin said:

Yes, the best thing would be to request a new letter, to include hours worked per week. You can include whatever language was in your contract - for example, mine said "at least 35 hours per week" - if you were salaried, hours aren't usually tracked anyway. Because it was a previous job, you could also get the Record of Employment from Service Canada ...

They could, but they usually won't for required information. That is the only way to speed up processing times. If they had to make phone calls for all the deficieint applications, we'd be back to 2-3 year processing times.