+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Woman and Covid delays?

Jerum

Jul 12, 2020
Before COVID-19, I was in the process of sponsoring my husband. We have been married and apart for almost 2 years, and unfortunately, due to current circumstances there are imminent delays. Can anyone advise if there are in the same situation or currently going through sponsorship? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Before COVID-19, I was in the process of sponsoring my husband. We have been married and apart for almost 2 years, and unfortunately, due to current circumstances there are imminent delays. Can anyone advise if there are in the same situation or currently going through sponsorship? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
It's not entirely clear what advice you are looking for. There are unfortunately delays to processing times right now due to COVID. However offices seem to be opening back up again slowly so hopefully this is a good sign. In terms of the application processing itself, there's not much you can do but wait. If your spouse can get a TRV or eTA (depending on country of origin), he can visit you.

When you say that you have been apart for almost 2 years, do you mean that you haven't seen each other at all? Or that you have been living in separate countries but have visited each other regularly? Hopefully you have visited each other at least from time to time.