+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Wife sponsering US Husband

DoubleTrouble

Nov 18, 2009
Hello,
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Canada where I was born. We currently live in the united states, and would like to do all the paperwork before we move. My husband would also be the provider when we move. I'm just wondering what we would need to do in order to get things on the go. I've also heard that in order to sponsor my husband I would have to be able to prove that i can support him, but as I am a stay at home mom it's not likely. We have 2 children that would also need to get their Canadian citizenship since they were born here.
Thanks so much.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
hi there, I dont know a whole lot about this but i am currently in the same position though my partner is from the uk. We are living here but are moving to canada and you can sponsor him without being able to "support him financially" my advice is to get in contact with an immigration officer to help you with the process.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the kids, apply for their proof of citizenship, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp If you would like to get them Canadian passports as well, you can get that though the Canadian embassy in the US after you have applied for their proof of citizenship.

To sponsor your husband, you do not have to show that you can support him but to do this without being in Canada, you need to show some proof of your plans to move to Canada when he gets his PR. This could include having a job offer, having arranged housing, having been accepted to college and failing all of that, at least some letters from friends and family stating they know of your plans and will support you and offer you a place to live while you look for housing and something about what your plans are once you move to Canada. You can find sponsorship forms at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp