+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Visa Refusal for Work permit - Feb 2024

Purushoth88

Mar 1, 2024
Hi everyone, I just want to know where and what went wrong for my visa refusal. Here is the detailed information from the Refusal letter.

"Thanks you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting document under the International Mobility program. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act(IRPA) and immigration and refugee protection regulations(IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds.

* You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of IPRP exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit ot that your employment in canda comes with the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result. your offer of employment must be subject of economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the department of employment and social development Canada to begin the process.

* I am not satisfied there is a documentary evidence to establish that you hold specialized knowledge that is unique or significantly different from that found within the organization and within the industry as per section R205(a) of regulations. "

Can anyone explain me about this, if you could, that would be great help. TIA. Also suggest me the next set of process whether i need to appeal or re-apply it again.

Note : same skillset got the visa in my organization.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I just want to know where and what went wrong for my visa refusal. Here is the detailed information from the Refusal letter.

"Thanks you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting document under the International Mobility program. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act(IRPA) and immigration and refugee protection regulations(IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds.

* You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of IPRP exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit ot that your employment in canda comes with the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result. your offer of employment must be subject of economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the department of employment and social development Canada to begin the process.

* I am not satisfied there is a documentary evidence to establish that you hold specialized knowledge that is unique or significantly different from that found within the organization and within the industry as per section R205(a) of regulations. "

Can anyone explain me about this, if you could, that would be great help. TIA. Also suggest me the next set of process whether i need to appeal or re-apply it again.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Did your employer submit LMIA?

samirthakkar1205

Jan 22, 2020

What is your NOC ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Specialized knowledge worker confirmation exemption code c63 section 205(a)
So you are an ICT? Your employer needs to talk to EDSC and IRCC. They don’t believe that your job in Canada meets requirements of specialized knowledge. The whole point is to show that those in Canada cannot do the job, and IRCC doesn’t believe you have the experience and education work permit application.

Reactions: Purushoth88

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone knows about this type of refusal?!
It's in the refusal letter.

Your employer hasn't submitted strong enough evidence to prove you have specialized knowledge. Your employer needs to fix this.

Reactions: Purushoth88

SameerSharma7

Nov 20, 2023
Mine is a similar kinda case. NOC 21232. Waiting for the result.
Could you share your timeline as well? When was the visa filed and when did you got the result?

Purushoth88

Mar 1, 2024
Mine is a similar kinda case. NOC 21232. Waiting for the result.
Could you share your timeline as well? When was the visa filed and when did you got the result?
I submitted the application on November 8th and the biometric done on mid of January and the refusal letter came at February first week.

Purushoth88

Mar 1, 2024
It's in the refusal letter.

Your employer hasn't submitted strong enough evidence to prove you have specialized knowledge. Your employer needs to fix this.
yeah, but the first section in the letter is confusing me. This is completely acceptable on the specialized skills not matching with the expectations.