asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I apply for Canadian schools/universities for the next intake 2011?

I have got all my transcripts and IELTS score which is 7.0 band in my hands now.
I want to apply for the next intake which I believe will start in Feb or March 2011.

I will have to apply for student visa three months in advance in my city, Karachi Pakistan.
That's a rule set by local canadian High Commission.

Can I start sending/submitting applications right now? is it okay now to do this so early?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Fall 2011 intake for unis should be open after the current intakes for 2010 Fall are completed. U can check with individual unis program application deadlines and opening dates for application. It also depends on individual unis admission standards.

shounak

Aug 9, 2010
You cannot get a Canadian visa unless you have an admit letter. So check with your university's policy of admitting students. Generally results of admission are out only after the deadline is complete. The admit card is sent to you atleast 5 months in advance(just like in my case). Keep a 4 month buffer for all your visa/shopping/accommodation planning work.

Good luck.
Shounak Deshpande

sekhon

Aug 5, 2010
I have read somewhere that advises international students to apply atleast 2 semesters(1 year) in advanced.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's probbaly misleading. Start sending applications and docs 5 months in advance because keep three months handy for a visa processing.

You should have offer letter and financial docs and everything in your hands three months in advance from your start date of your course.

That's how I am working on my case.

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Dear Asad,

For universities, the admission process will take almost one year. So start applying at the earliest. Most Universities demand direct transcripts. most of the universities admit international students for Fall only, but their are some universities admit in other terms too, depending on programs and level.

But for colleges, their admission process may be little bit easier. to begin with try to find out program and institution you are interested in. Select at least 4 institutions and apply.

regards,
jeby

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jeby
I had applied for 4 universities and got an offer letter from all of them. I am going to persue my studies at Simon Fraser University.

Have a good day!

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
asad100101 said:
@ jeby
I had applied for 4 universities and got an offer letter from all of them. I am going to persue my studies at Simon Fraser University.

Have a good day!
well done, congrads Asad!

What u pursing? BS in comp science?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
if u know how to find this website then u should know how to google for universities online! how are u going to be an undergrad if u dont even know how to search for universities and apply for one, look online dude!

persia5

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
hi
please can you tell me if all the educational institutions request english level wich prove by IELTS or TOEFL
because i know some one who applied at a university in canada wich didn't ask him for his english level
he just had 3 days since he is in canada

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
He could have had his basic education or previous education in an english taught medium institution, it has to be a university or college or at least 6 to 8 yrs of basic education in recognized english insitutions. Otherwise, all unis and colleges require u to prove english proficiency with TOEFL, ILETS or CAN TEST or some other recognized test.