+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian temporary visitor visa!

stevo2

Apr 28, 2007
Hi all,I am a Canadian Citizen and my wife is Chinese National from the mainland.We have been married in China for 1 year,but we applied for a visitors visa last year about a month after we were married.Our reply from the Canadian embessy in Beijing was to have a house or car in my wifes name to assure that she returns to China.We just want to come to Canada so my can meet my relatives and be married here then go back to China to live.I am 47 and my wife is 43 so our intentions are as stated.Does anybody know ant other way for us to get a temp. visa .Thanks Stevo

stevo2

Apr 28, 2007
Thanks Thaiguy,that sounds so ludicrous of the Can. gov. to be so strict,due to people in the past abusing the temp. visa i suppose.The thing that bothers me now is my wife would have to go through the interview process and her english is still a bit shaky and i don't think she could get past that test.Oh well.We shall see.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
stevo2

If I'm not mistaken, I think they can arrange an interview in Chinese. I don't think it matters that her English is limited.

Give your local Canadian embassy a call and ask to be sure. Explain the whole thing - that she's your wife, that you're already a citizen, etc.

tg

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
Hi,

I went through the sponsorship to get my PR, so don't hesitate if you have questions !

Your wife may not need an interview, and even though, she can be interviewed in Chinese. The only thing they bug you with is the fact that if she doesn't speak English, and you don't speak Chinese how can you communicate etc. But given the fact you lived together, have similar age etc. this might not be a concern. The CIC is basically watching out for "fake marriages".

dfoo

Jun 9, 2007
We are in a similar situation. My Shanghainese wife was denied a TRV without an interview. We were told nothing. I am disgusted. I cannot believe what a nation of bigots and racists Canada has become.

Do you know how long spousal sponsorship takes for the UK from Singapore? 7 days. From China -- 1 month (the British consulate lists 2 days, but this is not possible). When my mother immigrated to Canada in 1968 from the UK it took 3 hours.

What the hell is our idiotic immigration department doing for spousal sponsorship to take 1 year+? This is a national disgrace!

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
I understand it's a pain, but hey, that's the process ! When applications are straightforward, it doesn't take that long. I'd say about 6 months - I go the visa in 4 months.

It has nothing to do with racism. I'm sure you and your wife are a legit couple, but you wouldn't believe how many tricks people have to come to Canada. I worked with the CIC and I didn't believe it until I saw it myself and heard of all the stories.

I you have a good application, show proof of your relationship, back it up with documents etc. you application will be processed fast.

dfoo

Jun 9, 2007
My sister's application for her bf will take at least a year. I was told by a senior supervisor in NL that it will take at least 7-8 months before the application is processed by Canada, and forwarded to Beijing where is will take around 4 months.

Why does it take 7 days for the UK, btw? What are we doing so wrong in our process that the Brits are doing so right? It should not take 1+ years to take your spouse to Canada. A few bad cooks should not spoil the broth for everyone.

gilipsie

Star Member
Jul 11, 2007
It seems that there ar always those that have to abuse the law and then other have to pay. I hope those of you that are trying to get your spouses into Canada succeed but remember that everything good is worth waiting for. Easy words to say but hard to believe when you have been waiting and waiting.