+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Teachers License

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi,

Can somebody tell what is the process to get the Canadian Teachers License? If I have PR, do I need to submit IELTS result for applying the license? If IELTS is required which mode and band? Please reply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Can somebody tell what is the process to get the Canadian Teachers License? If I have PR, do I need to submit IELTS result for applying the license? If IELTS is required which mode and band? Please reply.
Depends on the province. Each licensing body will assess you degree, work experience and language skills. There are so many teachers in Canada so if you aren’t francophone don’t expect a full time job. It is based on seniority and I know many teachers on the supply list for years or drive for hours each way for work.

https://www.oct.ca/becoming-a-teacher/internationally-educated-teachers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Depends on the province. Each licensing body will assess you degree, work experience and language skills. There are so many teachers in Canada so if you aren’t francophone don’t expect a full time job. It is based on seniority and I know many teachers on the supply list for years or drive for hours each way for work.

https://www.oct.ca/becoming-a-teacher/internationally-educated-teachers
This is normally true but due to covid there is a shortage of teachers because of the mandated smaller class size and a large portion of students becoming virtual students. Next year or the year after we will hopefully return to normal where there is an oversupply of teachers except for some subjects like French and some STEM subjects and in certain more rural or remote regions or in areas where the cost of living is very high like Vancouver especially when BC teaching salaries are lower than, for example, Toronto where housing costs aren't as expensive and teachers are paid more.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Thank you all for the reply. In my case Im looking for SK teaching license. I already have a B.Ed and WES evaluation and 10 years of teaching experience.