+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian study permit from Australia

shazza90

Nov 29, 2020
Sydney
Category........
STUDY
Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied for a Canadian student visa from Australia?

I'm currently in Sydney and have a valid offer letter from Seneca College.

I'm planning to apply for the study permit online, I already have the necessary funds for the short Post Graduate Course.

However, I'm in bridging visa A and I'm not sure what option to choose to prove my residency in Australia? Do I select Work Visa and provide the first Visa subclass I came in and then the bridging visa document? I also have a student visa refusal in Australia (that's why I'm in bridging visa at the moment)

Any sort of help and constructive feedback will be greatly appreciated.

shazza90

Nov 29, 2020
Sydney
Category........
STUDY
Assume you are aware that study permit applications from Australia are quoted at 5-6 months currently and this could also be impacted for applicants who are not applying from their home country, no way to predict. The challenge often is being able to demonstrate intention to return home once the course is complete

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Hi Bs65,

Thank you for the reply, yes I am aware of that.

Assuming it's a two step program now, so I basically need the study permit before 10th January 2021. The first semester classes are online so I have to do from Sydney anyway.

If I pass the pass the first step then the medical check and police certificate can be done while I'm studying the 1st sem online. But these are all speculations since I don't know anyone in Aus that I have applied for a Canadian student visa recently.