+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Study Permit Application Refusal

qaim rizvi

Jan 1, 2008
Hello

It is good to have a forum where you can put forward your canadian visa application problems.
I applied for an ACCA college "Stouffville College" which is registered as a technical college in Toronto back in May 2007 but my visa was refused on the basis that i dont have sufficient ties in pakistan and the qualification is available in pakistan and my soul purpose is not just to study in canada. I once again applied for the same college in December 2007 for the same qualification and they refused my visa on the same grounds without even calling me for an interview.

I am unable to understand what do they mean by sufficient ties and on what grounds they could have decided my case.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Not having sufficient ties means you probably don't own a home in Pakistan, don't have a job, don't have family members that rely on you to support them, and don't have other obligations that would cause you to need to return to Pakistan.

In other words, you could too easily go to Canada and stay because there's nothing to force you to return home.

qaim rizvi

Jan 1, 2008
We have our family business setup and the business was supporting me plus my application included the plot papers of my residence still they feel i dont have sufficient ties to the country?????

am unable to understand their decision moreover what will be your suggestion regarding appealing against their refusal???

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Well I can't know your situation, but it is up to you to prove that you would return home after your studies and that your primary intention is to study. You can't appeal the decision, but you can contact the visa office with questions about why you were denied.