+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Study Permit and HIV Positive and HepatitsB

stan_1983

Jun 21, 2020
Hey stan. I am HIV positive and I got my visa approved last year in fall. It took some extra tests and some more time, but the visa was approved.
Hey , Thanks for the reply. hope you doing great there. I heard for PG course the school does not cover insurance hence i need to buy my insurance for meds and regular checkup . Will it cost me a lot ?

gipps

Jun 7, 2019
Stan, it depends on where you are going for school. And for international students, it is usually there in the fees unless it is provided by the province. Then you have to apply for that. For example, I am in British Columbia. There is MSP here which is government insurance. I pay around 70CAD per month to be covered. HIV medicines, testing and any other STI treatment are covered by MSP. similarly, please find out which province you are going to and how much you would have to pay out of pocket.

OptimistPrime

Jul 25, 2020
Here is a summary of the details you need. Please follow the link below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/student-health-insurance-across-canada.html#gs.9z59yj
This really paved way for breaking the stigma attached with the virus. Did you ask for the help of an immigration consultant for your student permit process? How long did it take for you to be able to receive your student visa? After your studies, are you also planning to apply for permanent residence? Thanks for giving your kindest response and keep safe. :)

potenceee

Aug 13, 2021
Hey stan. I am HIV positive and I got my visa approved last year in fall. It took some extra tests and some more time, but the visa was approved.
wow! congrats bro! what were the extra tests done? and how did you defend it in your sop? thanks!

potenceee

Aug 13, 2021
there is no provincial insurance for ontario, so i need ti provide my private insurance once i get there? how much would it take?

gipps

Jun 7, 2019
Hiii! Can you please tell me how you got it.I am planning the same .
Hi Parth,

I think I have explained my process in one of the threads earlier.
Try finding it out.
If you can't, do let me know. I'll share it again.
Thanks.

viasta

Dec 11, 2021
Hi Parth,

I think I have explained my process in one of the threads earlier.
Try finding it out.
If you can't, do let me know. I'll share it again.
Thanks.
Please, how long did your medical review take. Mine is over 2 months already

viasta

Dec 11, 2021
Hello, please I was sent a letter today from the IRCC. It says

Submissions: As per the medical assessment, you have a diagnosis of HIV Positivity -
Asymptomatic.
Please provide a detailed health care plan on how you will meet your medication and required
health services.
Please provide proof of funds on how you will be able to afford these health care expenses apart
from the expected cost associated to be a student in Canada.
Please I don’t know how to go about this, can somebody help please