+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Student Visa from Pakistan

Ralo

May 9, 2008
Hello all,

I got confirmation for a Post-graduate diploma course in Canadian college, I am intending to go for MBA after that course. I have 4 years bachelor degree (BS in software development) and have 3 years of technical experience(software development). I have applied for Spet'2008.

The question is how much time would Canadian embassy takes for the process of student visa from Pakistan. How to convince the visa officer that I am a genuine student and will come back to Pakistan.

Thanks & warm regards,
Rahil Ali

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ralo said:
Hello all,

I got confirmation for a Post-graduate diploma course in Canadian college, I am intending to go for MBA after that course. I have 4 years bachelor degree (BS in software development) and have 3 years of technical experience(software development). I have applied for Spet'2008.

The question is how much time would Canadian embassy takes for the process of student visa from Pakistan. How to convince the visa officer that I am a genuine student and will come back to Pakistan.

Thanks & warm regards,
Rahil Ali
With no problems/interview and a complete application 4 weeks, don't forget you will require a medical as well.

PMM

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
How to convince the visa officer that I am a genuine student and will come back to Pakistan--
Show that you have enough bondings to return to Pakistan. You can do this by describing on a notarized paper mentioning your or your parents' wealth statement, you can also put some lines in it that you definitely want to come back and serve your country. Your country needs you after you have a north American degree and experience. If your parents are old mention that you have to come back to be with your family.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Habib

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Ralo said:
Hello all,

Thanks & warm regards,
Rahil Ali
hi Rahil,,
do one have to pay the tuition fee before visa or after visa for canadian study permit

thx
syedshah

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
mrshah30 said:
hi Rahil,,
do one have to pay the tuition fee before visa or after visa for canadian study permit

thx
syedshah
it depends on the college, some colleges send acceptance letter after paying some deposit and some send after getting full tuition deposit........so check the college policies for tuition deposit

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
heartbeat said:
it depends on the college, some colleges send acceptance letter after paying some deposit and some send after getting full tuition deposit........so check the college policies for tuition deposit
thx 4 ur reply but i think that canadian high commission requires the half of the tuition fee to be paid advance am i right?
thx..

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
mrshah30 said:
thx 4 ur reply but i think that canadian high commission requires the half of the tuition fee to be paid advance am i right?
thx..
canada high commission only needsthe original accpetane letter from the college ....check the policy of the college, are they gona send you official acceptance letter on the behalf of half tuition fee or not

yasir224

Apr 25, 2012
HELLO FRIENDS! Once I was also a candidate for Study Permit from Pakistan. This forum has really helped me to prepare my application and update my knowledge. So I thought to share my experience, which may help someone to take appropriate decision.

My Profile:
BBA & MBA from Pakistan (average grades around 75%)
3.5 yrs job experience at a commercial bank
with no gap between my studies & job

Course & Institution:
George Brown College, Toronto (Intake JAN 2013)
1-year Post Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (with co-op)

Financials:
Account Maintenance/Balance Certificate from Bank
I have showed my personal bank statement of 6-months of CAD$ 30,000 = PKR 3.000 Million (nothing else like property documents or certificate of deposit or sponsorship letter)
TIP: Minimum bank statement must be equivalent to your FULL FEES + 1-YR LIVING EXPENSEs ($12,000) + $2000 (OTHERS/RETURN TICKET)

Study Permit/Visa Application:
My classes were from 07-JAN 2013 so I filed my application on 15 September 2012
Got Medical Call on 24 October 2012
Medical Done/Passport resend to Embassy on 01 November 2012
Visa/Passport received on 18 December 2012
16 months visa has been issued

Documents Submitted:
SOP (Statement of Purpose defining your background, experience & goals) not officially required by embassy (Optional document)
Original + Attested copy, All educational documents (certificate + transcript)
Original + Attested copy, Proof of current and previous employment (Preferably with Job Description/Reporting Line on letter head)
Original + Attested copy, Police Certificate
Original + Attested copy, Letter of Acceptance from College (Un-Conditional)
Proof of Fees Payment (Invoice + Draft Copy)
Original + Attested copy, IELTS Certificate

Be confident if your case is genuine you will definitely get the visa, don’t try to do any manipulation in any documents, must keep three months time for visa and make strong financials docs. Some people think if they are applying in Ontario may not get visa due to huge population of Immigrants in the province or applying to college as compare to university have rare chance of visa, but that’s not the fact.

AFTER YOU REACH CANADA:
Text Books Cost $500-700 depending on your course, you will be lucky to find used text books at half price from previous students or online classifieds
You must have at least 4-5months living expenses (Around $4000)
Not officially allowed to work part-time for initial six months (Except On-Campus which is very rare)
You can get on-cash job (un-official) through personal references only at with low wage rate
Don’t expect to make good amount of money (specially to support your tuition fees) in initial six months all depends on your luck
In first month you will definitely have some extra expenses because you are new there and don’t have anything from grocery, snow shoes, blanket/mattress, etc be prepared for it
Single room rent in a shared accommodation is from $350-$600
Must pay at least 1month advance rent and 1month deposit to get accommodation
Monthly Travelling Cost $130-150, Meals $200-300, Min.Mobile Charges $25-30, Other Exp. $50-100
Don’t spend too much money for buying winter clothes from Pakistan, because you must buy them from Canada to match the weather conditions.

BEST OF LUCK

Apr 30, 2015
Dear fellow applicants.

i am applying for canadian study permit. i am taking my wife and a kid with me. can some body tell me that what is the purpose of my wife or my kids visit. e.g. there is a question in temporary residence visa application about the purpose of visit to canada. they are just accompanying me to canada, they will stay there with me.
there are options like Business, Tourism, Short term studies, Returning Students, Returning worke, Supervisa, Family Visit, and Other.

i think my family case falls in other, and i will mention that they are just accompanying me.
kindly reply thanks