+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR working for US company

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
All,

I'm right now in h1b and got PR in canada. Found a job in canada and going to move.

Employer is a us based and will pay in usd.i will not have status in USA. Is it fine?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I think you should be fine. By the by, just curious to know how did you convince the employer for this arrangement? Did you do your job search mentioning that you are a Canadian permanent resident or like h1b having Canadian PR and can work from Canada without sponsorship? Thanks.

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
I think you should be fine. By the by, just curious to know how did you convince the employer for this arrangement? Did you do your job search mentioning that you are a Canadian permanent resident or like h1b having Canadian PR and can work from Canada without sponsorship? Thanks.
They gave as such. I didn't do anything. I told that I have pr

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Can you explain please.
Most companies prefer to hire international remote workers as contractors or via 3rd party agency or they pay them through a international subsidiary ( Canadian subsidiary in your case). Talk to payroll dept at your company and ask them how payroll setup would work if you work from Canada. Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: everydaydealer