+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR wants to marry Refugee Rejected Person

torcan

Mar 1, 2006
I recently migrated to Canada. I want to marry the person who is refugee claimant and rejected in 2004. Now he applied for H&C and waiting for processing of Immigration. Can I marry that person? Is there any difficulty to marry and get PR for him? I heard that spouse sponsor can do while in Canada, no need to go their own country and apply from there. Is that true?.... What are the problems I have to face when I marry that person?

Thanks
Torcan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

torcan said:
I recently migrated to Canada. I want to marry the person who is refugee claimant and rejected in 2004. Now he applied for H&C and waiting for processing of Immigration. Can I marry that person? Is there any difficulty to marry and get PR for him? I heard that spouse sponsor can do while in Canada, no need to go their own country and apply from there. Is that true?.... What are the problems I have to face when I marry that person?

Thanks
Torcan
If his H.&C. application is refused, he probably has a deportation order against and he will be removed. CIC will probably not entertain a further H.&C. application, because he would have married. Here is what www.cic.gc.ca says:

Q10. Does this announcement mean that people under removal orders who are married to a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident will be able to stay in the country until their application is assessed?

Most spouses and common-law partners can stay in Canada while their application is being processed. However, applicants who are under an enforceable removal order and who are not permitted to have a hold put on their removal (administrative deferral of removal) will be required to leave Canada. Their application for permanent residence will continue to be processed and, if positive, the applicant will be able to return to Canada

PMM

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
torcan said:

Thanks
Torcan
In most appeal cases in the recent past, decision was negative. I lost my PR residency appeal after waiting almost two years. I came back and my Canadian wife sponsoring me again. Application pending almost one year but I have a good possibility given all the facts and strong ties. Inland application is much more risky, time and money consuming. You have to prove with strong documentation regarding relationship with future spouse. Good Luck!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hasan9999 said:
In most appeal cases in the recent past, decision was negative. I lost my PR residency appeal after waiting almost two years. I came back and my Canadian wife sponsoring me again. Application pending almost one year but I have a good possibility given all the facts and strong ties. Inland application is much more risky, time and money consuming. You have to prove with strong documentation regarding relationship with future spouse. Good Luck!
You do realise that the thread that you are replying to is over 8 years old?

The OP was last on the forum on "02 March 2006, 02:10:09" and had only a single post.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
zardoz said:
You do realise that the thread that you are replying to is over 8 years old?

The OP was last on the forum on "02 March 2006, 02:10:09" and had only a single post.
Yes now I see that! Probably they are together in Canada with citizenship! See time flies!!