+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR through ICT visa route

vijayks2782

Mar 24, 2018
Hi All,

I need some advice on getting Canadian Residency through ICT visa route. I’m a 37 yrs old guy from New Zealand, work in a company which have a global presence and have offices in all major cities of Canada.
They do support international transfers and ICT visa if required., given my age, It will be impossible to meet the CRS cut off score that is required via Express Entry process. Hence, I’m looking to take ICT visa route to get to Ontario (Canada).

As I understand, with ICT visa I can apply for PR after I have worked for one year, which will give me 50 points ( I most likely to get managerial position) boost. However, I believe it will still be not enough to make the cut off of Express Entry process. I am wondering are there any Ontario PNP options I can use for my application to gain any further points or do I have to look for any other options ?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
You will get 50 points for job offer after 1 year. Also you will get extra points for having worked in Canada for 1 year. It should be enough if you have a good IELTS score.

vijayks2782

Mar 24, 2018
You will get 50 points for job offer after 1 year. Also you will get extra points for having worked in Canada for 1 year. It should be enough if you have a good IELTS score.
Thanks Mate, I hope so.
However, if I look at the cut off score growth over the past few years, I am not confident that by 2022 (that's when I probably will be in a position to apply for PR) cut off score will be in reach for me. Hence, I was looking at option where I can add further points by applying for Ontario PNP program ? Just wondering is that possible or should I look to get job in other province like BC and get nomination points ?