+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR Status!

MXS

Jan 16, 2021
My Spouse came here in Canada on a Student Visa and I'm on Open Work Permit, currently working on category C level job which is valid up to Jul 2022.
She is principal applicant and after PNP approval we applied for Canadian PR (Express Entry) in Aug 2020 (Result Still Awaited).
After a while things got changed and few weeks ago my spouse left over me alone and not responding at all, didn't file any legal proceedings yet.
IRCC doesn't provide any update on my file status - stating your RCMP is still pending. However, I already submitted RCMP document in Oct 2020 and recently again submitted using webform 10 days ago (second time) but IRCC representative stated its not showing in the system yet - its delayed due to pandemic and not sure when it'll be updated or reflected in the system.

Questions:
1) Does my spouse can revoke my name from PR file and can I discussed this issue directly with IRCC about the same?
2) Does my spouse can get PR without me and IRCC doesn't asked any questions why you revoking spouse name from the file?
3) How can I apply for my PR by my own as we didn't legally separated or divorced?
4) What would be my legal status in Canada to file my PR individually (married/single/separated/divorced - if my name revoked by my spouse)?

Please Help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

My Spouse came here in Canada on a Student Visa and I'm on Open Work Permit, currently working on category C level job which is valid up to Jul 2022.
She is principal applicant and after PNP approval we applied for Canadian PR (Express Entry) in Aug 2020 (Result Still Awaited).
After a while things got changed and few weeks ago my spouse left over me alone and not responding at all, didn't file any legal proceedings yet.
IRCC doesn't provide any update on my file status - stating your RCMP is still pending. However, I already submitted RCMP document in Oct 2020 and recently again submitted using webform 10 days ago (second time) but IRCC representative stated its not showing in the system yet - its delayed due to pandemic and not sure when it'll be updated or reflected in the system.

Questions:
1) Does my spouse can revoke my name from PR file and can I discussed this issue directly with IRCC about the same?
2) Does my spouse can get PR without me and IRCC doesn't asked any questions why you revoking spouse name from the file?
3) How can I apply for my PR by my own as we didn't legally separated or divorced?
4) What would be my legal status in Canada to file my PR individually (married/single/separated/divorced - if my name revoked by my spouse)?

Please Help!
1. Yes, if she is the principal applicant she can remove you as a dependent from the application.
2. Yes, she doesn't have to have a reason to remove.
3. You would have to qualify on your own merits. Not eligible for CEC with a NOC C job, so it would probably have to be Express Entry or a PNP.
4. You would still have status as worker until Jul/22.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Questions:

Please Help!
Sorry for bumping old post But I am in the similar situation as you were. I hope you reply to this post.

So Did you apply separately for PR? If Not then what other options did you explored?
Thanks in advance!