+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR Renewal- Letter received from CIC

toobrown

Sep 6, 2012
So I had applied for Canadian PR Renewal (from outside Canada) and last week I received a letter from CIC, stating that my PR card is ready for pickup however they need to review some of my documents.

A little background: I got my permanent resident card, back in May 2008 however did not stay in Canada. I got married to a Canadian Citizen in March 2009 and have been living together since then.

Scenario: They have given me a date of April 17th 2013, to come in and complete this formality. Unfortunately I cannot make that date. I have already emailed them to reschedule this appointment. Do you guys think, it should be okay?

Question: What can I expect in this interview/further review of documents?
One of the bullet points on the letter says: List of all absences from Canada, including day, month, year ( for the 5 years prior to the date on this letter)--> Do I just list them on a sheet of paper, or do I need to carry some kind of evidence for this?

Thanks

toobrown

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you show any evidence that you are living with your Canadian citizen spouse since 2009?

newuser2012

Oct 1, 2012
Hi toobrown,

Where did you send your e-mail? Did you get a reply? Do you know any fax number to contact them? I am in the same situation. I have faxed to the local office several days ago but so far I haven't received any reply.

Thanks.

Sudhan